R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #256
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
I was there with Jason Baumbach, Scott K, Jim Adkins and Thello Jurdon. Scott and Jim were having quite the TQ duel
That was the show... I was hoping no one breaks down but it happens. credit to Ron Colangi. he was not the fastest but steady driving even when he was making mistakes he made up right away. but Jim and Scott was fast. i thought no one could touch Jim but Scott took it (TD'ed) at the last Qual.
I came by to your table and check out those RB's on the table. not very many use them orange heads at revelation you know. thanks for the show...
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #257
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
I came by to your table and check out those RB's on the table. not very many use them orange heads at revelation you know. thanks for the show...
How about the 5 lap Trophy Dash? - that was some wild power
With the inverted qualifying order slowest to fastest Scott (fifth on the starting grid, he was the fastest qualifier) was in the lead by the 7th corner. Did you listen to the idle (of Scott's car) at the start of the race - that motor was set on "kill". Jeez, it was mad fast. Next time we come down - stop by and introduce yourself, I enjoy meeting other racers.

Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #258
Tech Master

Quote:
How about the 5 lap Trophy Dash? - that was some wild power
With the inverted qualifying order slowest to fastest Scott (fifth on the starting grid, he was the fastest qualifier) was in the lead by the 7th corner. Did you listen to the idle (of Scott's car) at the start of the race - that motor was set on "kill". Jeez, it was mad fast. Next time we come down - stop by and introduce yourself, I enjoy meeting other racers.

Rich
The third lap was the memorable for me when he was about to take the lead when one of the driver who was leading at that point and Scott just blew by at the straightaway!!!!!! he did not even excuse himself (no race manners) for doing that hoop dee doo. poor guy he was left like it was sitting still. Scott Kimbrow came out of the loop before the straightaway like hell. caught up with him in the middle, Scott fake to the left the other driver bought it and blew by on the right side before the turn. it was amazing. all this in about a second or less. I did not even notice who was that guy at this point I was in race heaven for what i have just witnessed.
the whole weekend, event, race was very memorable for me not to mention my first big race outside of my local track. at the urging of one of my best friend( I have lots of them).

How did you do? did you race? I will introduce myself next time we cross paths....
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #259
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
How did you do? did you race? I will introduce myself next time we cross paths....
My "wheel" time has passed by - I just set Scott's car up
I'm glad you enjoyed the race. You and your friends should come up to the RAMS - we get 70 cars on our race weekends - mostly 1/8 scales - fast racing for sure. We'd be happy to have some guests
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #260
Tech Master

Quote:
My "wheel" time has passed by - I just set Scott's car up
I'm glad you enjoyed the race. You and your friends should come up to the RAMS - we get 70 cars on our race weekends - mostly 1/8 scales - fast racing for sure. We'd be happy to have some guests
Thanks for the invitation. tempting..
Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #261
Tech Master

Quote:
Are you going to the Nats? Boy, there are a lot of REALLY fast guys signed up. Should be quite a race!!
working on that now rich . cant wait to hookup with you guys again last time was a blast . this time i will bring the cups and ice
Old 10-03-2006, 09:46 AM   #262
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc_tech
anyone know what happen to Y. Aigoin buggy RB engine keep flaming at the world? just curious. my friend RB crazy wanna know what happen. pls if any1 got any info, pls post here. thanks.
the fuel nipple on the carb was oriented towards the engine, so the fuel line got a leak due to contact to the flywheel, there´s info and a pic on buggy sport info page, he was half a lap on the second, and on cruise easily
Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #263
Tech Apprentice

HERE IS A RB. SPEEDLINE Matrix RW SPEEDLINE(IFMAR VERSION) FOR SELL.
VERY COOL!!!

http://www.rc-union.com/product_info...oducts_id=7385
initialrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

SWEETNESS. I can't wait to see it in action next year. Right now it's getting too cold and windy. We'd be lucky to get a nice day for running.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #265
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
In case no one knows what this engine is or looks like head over to 3hobby.net, I've posted a review of it all taken apart.

I have not run mine in, hopefully this weekend if weather permits. If all goes OK I'll probably have a video of it running.

soc123, what are your thoughts on its performance now that you've used it at the Worlds? Maybe you're not impressed with it seeing that you're selling off one?
The engines are very fast & I didnt have any problems with reliability. I just like the V.12 Rody better. I think its just a case of being more familiar with the engine & pipe combos & what each will do. I am still keeping the other Matrix & it will come out to play every now & then. When the full production version is released I may get a couple more.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #266
Tech Elite

I raced my speedline against a V12 Rody last weekend, and the speedline had noticably more punch and mid range and pretty similar top end. I was using the Sirio EVO 2 WC pipe. Seems like a good motor.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #267
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Hey guys,

What are other brands of Turbo plugs that are compatible for my RBV12? Thanks!
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzD
Hey guys,

What are other brands of Turbo plugs that are compatible for my RBV12? Thanks!
You can use the Novarossi ones, Sirio and Ninja/Boss/GRP have different tapers and could/could not seal properly your combustion chamber.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #269
Tech Initiate

Not to take this thread off topic,but have you any idea what turbo plugs fit a Nosram Speed .12.

I've been using Novarossi plugs,seems silly for different manufacturers to have different tapers,I did read somewhere that OS are a different taper.My LHS only has Novarossi plugs.

Thanks in advance.

Allan
Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #270
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
I raced my speedline against a V12 Rody last weekend, and the speedline had noticably more punch and mid range and pretty similar top end. I was using the Sirio EVO 2 WC pipe. Seems like a good motor.
Glad you like it Did you tidy up the flashings from the back plate threads?
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote