R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #181
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefastseven
hello
i have a C5 onroad and i have to change my 2 bearings(front and rear)...
so can i buy nova or mega bearing ?
because the RB is too expensive(around 63$ + 21$ )i saw the mega cost(31$ and 12$)

Thanks
please help me ....
nefastseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefastseven
please help me ....
Might not fit because C5 crank is bigger... If you want more affordable bearings you can check boca bearings http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.aspx?p=quicksearchkit

Hope this helps..
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #183
Tech Regular

As expensive as motors are if you have a C-5 that is running good I would spend the dollars (euros) on the correct parts, why take a chance on a possibly inferior bearing ruining your large investment? I have two C-5's from late 2004 that are my old reliables (each on the second piston and sleeve and second set of bearings) they aren't the fastest but they always run well and get good mileage.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #184
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Might not fit because C5 crank is bigger... If you want more affordable bearings you can check boca bearings http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.aspx?p=quicksearchkit

Hope this helps..

thanks but i didn't find for my C5 onroad,and i think it's different with C5 offroad

and for Rick Davis :
my C5 run very well,it's not the fastest,but i have it since 2 years and i just change once the conrod i did 5 or 6 race with it...it was an engine i bought for 250,it was new never saw any nitro,just a guy who stoped RC
if mega's bearing can go on my C5 i'll buy them,for the moment i have a RB Cj001(just in France i think) and i received a TOP Race PT21-R on monday,this top just run 1 liter,i tried it and it have a good power at low rpm
nefastseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:18 AM   #185
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Hi Jason,

Mad fast. Great milage. Our motor was very loose (Sleeve to case, button to sleeve, crank to bearings). I was surprised by the speed, it is so different, I have to rethink my prior experiences. We only have one pre-production motor. Too early to say much else.

Rich
Any news on the V-12's
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #186
Tech Regular

Hi

Anyone know where can I get RB engines online ?
Secret_weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 PM   #187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

go to www.kamikazercracing.com
sam will hook you up
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #188
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret_weapon
Hi

Anyone know where can I get RB engines online ?
In addition to Jo's suggestion - you might look at:

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com

They have a lot of RB products in stock - and a very strong relationship with Rody
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #189
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey Rich,

I think I hurt my engine at RAMS this past weekend. The car lost power and stopped with about 2 minutes left. Found out the pipe was crushed. I took it apart, and the top of the piston and button are slightly pitted. I'm either going to rebuild it (head button, piston, liner, rod), or I'll get another and leave this as a spare. What are your current thoughts on the Xenon-R? I don't want to drop another $650 on an engine, but the power is so ADDICTING!! Also, i used the frozen water trick on the pipe, and it kinda 'ballooned' on me. So what pipe do you recommend as well?

Last, thank you for pitting for me in my qualifier!

-Steve
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:22 AM   #190
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth
Hey Rich,

I think I hurt my engine at RAMS this past weekend. I'm either going to rebuild it (head button, piston, liner, rod), or I'll get another and leave this as a spare. What are your current thoughts on the Xenon-R? I don't want to drop another $650 on an engine, but the power is so ADDICTING!! Also, i used the frozen water trick on the pipe, and it kinda 'ballooned' on me. So what pipe do you recommend as well?

Last, thank you for pitting for me in my qualifier!

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Current, available, best pipe 9886. 2018 is good and get better milage. Headers - you can't beat the 5, 6 and 7 ring conicals (01351-04/05/06). Easy to figure out and all the tuning you will need for the RAMS track.

I saw your motor at the end of your event - it was lean (to be polite). I'm sure it hit 300F but, RB's are tough, I don't think you need a complete re-build. Have Kevin @ Ace re-rod and review the motor this weekend. Let me look at it at the next race.

Pick up a C6 from Ace they are $500 ish - RB dropped the price of the C6 (good news). It is always wise to have a spare ready. They are great motors. Scott was running a C6 this weekend, along with 6 or 7 other guys!

About the Xenon R. Powerful and best left to the more experienced. The C6 is close to the Xenon R in performance (so, given your experience level - I would strongly suggest the C6 only). The Xenon does make more power - no question. The Xenon R is a full race motor. Like a full size "full race" motor it is very sensitive to tuning and can be easily destroyed if run too hot.

In our experiences with it: 7, consistent, laps to stabilize temperature before attempting race tune. It will not survive running over 210F for any extended time. You better have a pretty good concept on needle work. Butt ass fast - with loads of bottom end. We can run a large 1 - 2nd gear split and it pull right through it - nice to have. Blistering bottom end and huge top end. Rody has been very careful not to "over-sell" the R - I think he is making a good choice.

To those of you thinking about these motors: Don't be afraid - just be very careful during break in and when you tune. Don't run "hero" laps and then tune the motor - it will bite you hard. When you master the motor - watch out...you are in for a surprise. Don't be afraid to ask questions - there will be much to learn. If we work together we can minimize the learning curve -- as Capt'n Jack Sparrow would say: "Savvy?"
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #191
Tech Addict

Thanks Rich.

Which C6? The standard or the Rody C6? I'm currently running the Rody C5.

-Steve
Old 07-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #192
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks Rich.

Which C6? The standard or the Rody C6? I'm currently running the Rody C5.

-Steve

It's a matter of your budget.

The C6 is great choice - but, you do all the break in.

The "Rodage" version costs a bit more. It is pre-run and dyno-ed. Final break in with the "Rodage" is a snap. I believe Ace is sold out of the Rodage - but, check anyway.

Good luck with it!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #193
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good to hear the 2018 pipe is a good choice with the C6 (non-Rody).

I just picked up a C6 from www.AshfordHobby.com . I was contemplating between the C6 and a Xenon. I don't think I would have gone wrong either way.
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #194
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
It's a matter of your budget.

The C6 is great choice - but, you do all the break in.

The "Rodage" version costs a bit more. It is pre-run and dyno-ed. Final break in with the "Rodage" is a snap. I believe Ace is sold out of the Rodage - but, check anyway.

Good luck with it!
Ok, so you know I have some serious skills , and you know what track I race at. Could I use all the power of the 'Rodage', or will I be quicker with the stock C6?

-Steve
Old 07-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #195
Tech Master

Quote:
Ok, so you know I have some serious skills , and you know what track I race at. Could I use all the power of the 'Rodage', or will I be quicker with the stock C6?

-Steve
Hi Steve,

You have been learning very quickly. It is great when a "new guy" joins us and has fun! You have been a welcome addition.

To answer your question - a C6 would be the best fit for now.