R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #166
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Rich,
So which motor is faster ? the C6 or the Xenon R? I saw the C6 last weekend it is screaming fast but can't remember how fast the Xenon R in Vegas
Actually, I told you it was a C6 it was really a C5-Rody (we were running a "new" version of the C5, not available yet, they are still finalizing). My error - sorry about the confusion. I clarified with Rody, Sunday, via eMail.

I agree, we were impressed with the motor as well - it was running great. For speed and power the Xenon R is the king of the RB hill. The "New" C5 is a close second. Bottom line - the Xenon R screams. It would be our first choice at a large event.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Thank you Rich, that's what I was looking for.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #168
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Actually, I told you it was a C6 it was really a C5-Rody (we were running a "new" version of the C5, not available yet, they are still finalizing). My error - sorry about the confusion. I clarified with Rody, Sunday, via eMail.

I agree, we were impressed with the motor as well - it was running great. For speed and power the Xenon R is the king of the RB hill. The "New" C5 is a close second. Bottom line - the Xenon R screams. It would be our first choice at a large event.
Is there a RODY version of the Xenon -R ?
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #169
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Is there a RODY version of the Xenon -R ?
This is a quote from an earlier post by Rich. "The Xenon R is an AAC design. Full blown "race" motor - nicely worked crank and fitted components." It could be debated that the R stands for R(ace) or R(ody) but no doubt this is the maxed out version.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:44 AM   #170
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBagRacing
This is a quote from an earlier post by Rich. "The Xenon R is an AAC design. Full blown "race" motor - nicely worked crank and fitted components." It could be debated that the R stands for R(ace) or R(ody) but no doubt this is the maxed out version.
Any word on when the Xenon R .12 will be available?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope they come out with it soon!!! But the Rody V12 is still one of the fastest engine in the market. I bet the Xenon .12 will be more efficient and faster
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #172
Tech Apprentice

I'm running the .12 5 port with a 193 402 pipe header combo and I gotta say It puts out some impressive power. I was able to pull away from everyone at will today. Very happy with this mill. Now if the rain would leave us alone so we could get a full day in I might get an accurate idea of how I really match up to the rest of my local bros. LOL
Old 06-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #173
Tech Adept

hello
i have a C5 onroad and i have to change my 2 bearings(front and rear)...
so can i buy nova or mega bearing ?
because the RB is too expensive(around 63$ + 21$ )i saw the mega cost(31$ and 12$)

Thanks
nefastseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Anyone still using the Rody 425 model? It's quite expensive, but from few racers they say it's a lil finicky to tune. I have seen one run and it is ballistic. I'm wondering if I should get one or a Nova since my tracks aren't isanely huge to make use of all its power.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #175
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefastseven
hello
i have a C5 onroad and i have to change my 2 bearings(front and rear)...
so can i buy nova or mega bearing ?
because the RB is too expensive(around 63$ + 21$ )i saw the mega cost(31$ and 12$)

Thanks
anyone know that ??

thanks
nefastseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #176
mrx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
These are my observations of the two "preproduction" Speedline models Scott has been running:

The Xenon R is an AAC design. Full blown "race" motor - nicely worked crank and fitted components. Flat hauls butt. Power top and bottom end - plus GREAT milage. We could get 6 minutes 30 seconds and brand X was getting 4 minutes 10 seconds. (Don't ask who brand X is - it doesn't matter).

The Xenon is an ABC design nice motor with an attractive price point - Very nice "club" motor.

does that help?

Hi Rich, how about the carb between this two motors? Is it easy to tune as from the picture what i saw is a sirio carb was on the Xenon motor.
mrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #177
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx
Hi Rich, how about the carb between this two motors? Is it easy to tune as from the picture what i saw is a sirio carb was on the Xenon motor.
Hi mrx,

The RB Speedline Xenon line comes equiped with three needle carbs. A three needle is more flexible, for tuning, than a two needle design. Being more flexible has an up and down side. Up side - superior tuning ability - great mid range control in addition to the "standard" bottom and top end tuning. Down side - less experienced tuner may get a little confused. They (the less experienced) would be better off not touching the "rear" needle. I'm sure the instructions will be clear - plus, the RB site is loaded with "help" reference material.

On a side note - my personal favorite carb was the Picco Torque. They were great carbs once you mastered them. By far the most difficult to master - but, once you did, they were "bottom-end" monsters.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #178
mrx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Hi mrx,

The RB Speedline Xenon line comes equiped with three needle carbs. A three needle is more flexible, for tuning, than a two needle design. Being more flexible has an up and down side. Up side - superior tuning ability - great mid range control in addition to the "standard" bottom and top end tuning. Down side - less experienced tuner may get a little confused. They (the less experienced) would be better off not touching the "rear" needle. I'm sure the instructions will be clear - plus, the RB site is loaded with "help" reference material.

On a side note - my personal favorite carb was the Picco Torque. They were great carbs once you mastered them. By far the most difficult to master - but, once you did, they were "bottom-end" monsters.
Thanks Rich for your useful information, will check their site and might get that engine in couples of weeks.
mrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #179
Tech Adept

Rich,

I have heard from several people that the xenon-R is as ballistic as they come, but I have also heard 1-2 gallons and they are done. As many of us know this tends to be the case with AAC. I have also heard that part of this can be due how tight they come. I know since you have have tested them that maybe you can shed some light on these rumors.
Jason Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #180
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Smith
Rich,

I have heard from several people that the xenon-R is as ballistic as they come, but I have also heard 1-2 gallons and they are done. As many of us know this tends to be the case with AAC. I have also heard that part of this can be due how tight they come. I know since you have have tested them that maybe you can shed some light on these rumors.
Hi Jason,

Mad fast. Great milage. Our motor was very loose (Sleeve to case, button to sleeve, crank to bearings). I was surprised by the speed, it is so different, I have to rethink my prior experiences. We only have one pre-production motor. Too early to say much else.

Rich