Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Wasp REV

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Nano.
No my tread didn't became as WASP REV2, just one of my old friend ask my opinion and I put it there. I am not planning to discause not here not there your or anybody else developments.
BTW, you did refer to Italians brands and OS, but you forgot Russians-those are much more into technology in Nitro engines and I suggest to you to look into it.
Edward
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

No problem Edward, I was just trying to make a funny comment :-)
Yes indeed the Russians also seem to have innovative ideas... Innovation is a positive thing, especially if it means better products.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Rookie Solara]Typical Nova Rossi based engines ARE around $230 to $300 range (LL or RR series)....OS TZ series are $190-210 range.
QUOTE]

Rookie, you are talking about street price, but Rick, as a manufacturer representative, will only provide us a MSRP or simply called a List Price. List Price usually subjects to discount.

Edward, I’m not playing Nitro RC for long and sorry, I’m really ever heard about Russian made RC engine. Could you please provide me some links? I’m really interested to check it out. I prefer those information available in English.

Nana, I’m totally agreed with your “Innovation is a positive thing, especially if it means better products.”
Old 11-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

russian design engines that can work at 30ºC and -30ºC.......

they are experts in material engineering not to mention engine development........
Old 11-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raycer
Edward, I’m not playing Nitro RC for long and sorry, I’m really ever heard about Russian made RC engine. Could you please provide me some links? I’m really interested to check it out. I prefer those information available in English.
Check this pics-it just couple of tousands what Russians can do
4 Cylinders overhead cams 50 CC. 8 Cyinders engines, In-line engine-(if you look closely you will find that centerline of carnck parallel with piston's center line), Speed FAI .15 engine-since 1992 constant world champion in control line speed class (Luis Paramon from Spain is Pilot) 2.5 HP at 39000 RPM.
BTW, all of them and much more comercialy available. Multycylinder are very expencive and I am not sure who can afford them, but if anybody interested send me email.
Attached Thumbnails Team Orion Wasp REV-50cc-dohc-sm.jpeg   Team Orion Wasp REV-v8-hc.jpeg   Team Orion Wasp REV-profi-inline.gif   Team Orion Wasp REV-profispeedfai.jpg  

Last edited by EdwardN; 11-18-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EdwardN
Check this pics-it just couple of thousands what Russians can do
4 Cylinders overhead cams 50 CC. 8 Cylinders engines, In-line engine-(if you look closely you will find that center line of crank parallel with piston's center line), Speed FAI .15 engine-since 1992 constant world champion in control line speed class (Luis Paramon from Spain is Pilot) 2.5 HP at 39000 RPM.
BTW, all of them and much more commercially available. Multicylinder are very expensive and I am not sure who can afford them, but if anybody interested send me email.
You see, you challenge Ed and hes going to show you! I talked extensivly with Ed at the onset of his engine design adventure, and let me tell you he is a SMART guy!
Paul...............
Old 11-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Wow… this thread got seriously derailed. Anyhow, The REV definitely looks like a step in the right direction.

I look forward to giving it a whirl
Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

I certainly will be giving one a run. I would like to see some testing data in competition if they have it, its been in development for a year, surely it must have been run in a competition somewhere.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah Thad, it seems some guys are hijacking the thread
Guys we're in Switzerland, we know how to work on metal and do engines also.

AMGRacer, the engine has been running for a long time, every part has been designed and track tested for fine tuning. I have no doubts on it's competitivity!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nano
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

What factory teams are running/testing this motor??? Are there any spec #'s available??? ie. hp and torque #'s??? I to am looking forward to seeing this motor in action... Remember, Nova still have a foot hold on the .12 nitro market, with Sirio EVO III and the OS TZ -12 putting OS back on the RC Nitro racing map again... I believe everyone here would love to see the motor and see it do well... Hype means nothing... Track facts means everything... Release date??? on track video??? Spec numbers??? These are things buyers and racers are looking and waiting for... Good luck.

RC_Alan

Originally Posted by Nano
Yeah Thad, it seems some guys are hijacking the thread

AMGRacer, the engine has been running for a long time, every part has been designed and track tested for fine tuning. I have no doubts on it's competitivity!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan
What factory teams are running/testing this motor??? Are there any spec #'s available??? ie. hp and torque #'s??? I to am looking forward to seeing this motor in action... Remember, Nova still have a foot hold on the .12 nitro market, with Sirio EVO III and the OS TZ -12 putting OS back on the RC Nitro racing map again... I believe everyone here would love to see the motor and see it do well... Hype means nothing... Track facts means everything... Release date??? on track video??? Spec numbers??? These are things buyers and racers are looking and waiting for... Good luck.

RC_Alan
One of the reasons we release the on-road version first is the fact Team Orion has some of the best nitro sedan driver sint he world. Drivers like Atsushi Hara and David Spashett had a hand in the development.

Dyno test results will be released shortly. We will publish our own tests and magazines will have engines to test using their equipment.

We expect engines to go on sale in January or early February if there are no unforseen delays (like transport). Initial supply should be good. But like with hand wound electric motors, these engines are high end and we will not increase production at the expense of quality. All Team Orion distributors worldwide will stock the engine which means anyone can buy one regardless of their location.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

any idea what the price range is ?

thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Prices are confusing with nitro engines because the discount structure is usually different than that of other hobby reated items. We expect the street price to be around $300.00 or just under.

But that can vary depending on the individual retail outlet and engine supply.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
One of the reasons we release the on-road version first is the fact Team Orion has some of the best nitro sedan driver sint he world. Drivers like Atsushi Hara and David Spashett had a hand in the development.

Dyno test results will be released shortly. We will publish our own tests and magazines will have engines to test using their equipment.

We expect engines to go on sale in January or early February if there are no unforseen delays (like transport). Initial supply should be good. But like with hand wound electric motors, these engines are high end and we will not increase production at the expense of quality. All Team Orion distributors worldwide will stock the engine which means anyone can buy one regardless of their location.
Wow, so can we look foward to seeing Hara run one in his R40? Is that why Thad is around here? If so, I'll look foward to seeing him race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.