R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   .12 NovaRossi JP black 3 port rebuild (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/78201-12-novarossi-jp-black-3-port-rebuild.html)

Hesky 07-17-2005 11:25 AM

.12 NovaRossi JP black 3 port rebuild

Hi, this engine needs new p/s/r, it has an 11mm crank, what choices are out there? I was thinking maybe using a Max Power 12S3 p/s/r kit. will that fit fine?

Cheers

daniz24 07-17-2005 06:20 PM

Why don't you put JP P/S again? Or I think the FX P/S will still fit the older Nova JP.

Hesky 07-17-2005 06:43 PM

simply price and availability. I'm pretty sure jp sets cost quite a bit, I could be wrong though. this engine is getting dated now so I dont want to spend to much on it, but I still want 2 keep it as fast as it originally was.

Cheers

Hesky 07-17-2005 06:51 PM

especially when you can get os tz's for less than 190 bucks :D

nsxshogun 07-18-2005 08:24 AM

STS piston and sleeve would fit it. There cheap at about 50Bux.

Hesky 07-18-2005 09:52 AM

Hi NSX, yeah I was thinkin about the sts p/s set, I guess you cant beat the price, having just ran in a d5r it will be a while b4 i tackle another sts break-in if you know what I mean. defiantly worth thinkin about though!

Cheers

asw7576 07-18-2005 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
STS piston and sleeve would fit it. There cheap at about 50Bux.

I wouldn't dare to put STS p/s/r into JP FX :eek: :eek: You are risking the whole engine for $50 bux ? Is your engine JP FX series or older model ?

I would rather use $100 Novarossi NSR S3 or S5 p/s/r complete set because I already try it and I get good result ( JP FX5 with NSR S5 p/s/r ).

nsxshogun 07-18-2005 11:30 AM

Yea hesky I know exactly what youre talking about :rolleyes: . But it all pays off in the end.

Whats wrong with putting a sts piston and sleeve in a JP. As long as it fits. How could it mess up the motor?

Hesky 07-18-2005 12:02 PM

asw are you saying this from experience? what will it put at risk? the motors pretty old, not the new fx but ran just as fast untill it lost comp.

Hesky 07-18-2005 03:02 PM

isnt the nsr piston microcasted and there for rubbish. theres alot of places with the sets on offer, sort of gives you hints. I'm well temped but I was actually chattin to uriah murnan and he said he much prefers cnc pistons over mc.

asw7576 07-19-2005 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hesky
asw are you saying this from experience? what will it put at risk? the motors pretty old, not the new fx but ran just as fast untill it lost comp.

If it older JP engines, well it's up to you with STS p/s/r ..... but I would never feel confident putting taiwanese spare parts into italian engine. I think they don't mix at very high rpm. I'm worried the conrod might blew up destroying the whole engine.

I would rather buy JP original spareparts or find it's identical twin, maybe Novarossi ?

Here is the hint, I recently put complete set p/s/r Novarossi NSR12 S5 into JP FX5. Both engines are identical to each other, and I save some money by doing that.