Community
Wiki Posts
Search

turbo button

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Default turbo button

assuming that it fits, can you use a turbo button on any engine?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

no

The threads are different and it wouldn't seal anyway on a standard plug head.

Turbo just means it's a taper seal and the plug is flush with the head chamber for more effieciency.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
no

The threads are different and it wouldn't seal anyway on a standard plug head.

Turbo just means it's a taper seal and the plug is flush with the head chamber for more effieciency.
i was told that on the x12 you can just put a turbo button on it (it comes with a standard button)
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea most motors you can do that as long as you find a button that will fit. I konw someone who put one on there standard TR.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joemugen
i was told that on the x12 you can just put a turbo button on it (it comes with a standard button)
My X12 is using my Nova Mega MS 3 ports turbo button (and vise versa), the lastest version of NOVA ROSSI line engine and late Nova Mega engines are all using the same TURBO and non TURBO button....
So joe, you has to get a Nova Rossi base button (Rs12 and after design) to work on your X12...

However, buttons are not all the same, they have different thickness and depth, like Nova Rossi button does not necessary work on OS engine....
Old 07-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any Novarossi based engines will accept any Novarossi brand turbo head buttons (Rb will accept JP, Novarossi will accept Mugen etc).
BTW, I do have plenty of them in stock at very reasonble price.
Edward
Old 07-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

I believe os sells a turbo button head. Also if you have a cv-r check out towerhobbies a company sells some sick looking stuff for it and you can get an extreme head. Your set after that but its also so costly you could have probably just bought a TZ.

But theres always options. Most of the time if the motor has a turbo variant. You can just swap on the turbo button head , get a turbo glow-plug and your set.

Also I meant to take pictures of the differences of how they seal but when you look at how a plug sits in a turbo head vs a regular you can kinda see why the extra power.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

If I got a jp, nova rossi engine I wouldnt mess around with swapping buttons from other motors.. just get the turbo version and be done with it..

but I have a nitro star .12r xs and there is no turbo version.. I read it somewhere on here, but am I correct in saying that this motor is the same as the sts engines?
I'm wondering if their turbo button would fit..
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Just be sure to examine and check the sizes of it. You dont want it going down to deep or anything different from the standard setup.

It would be best if you had a digital caliper so you could tell the differences and if it would truly work.

Check and see if it fits...but dont run it. Rotate the motor and see if you hear leaking or it the flywheel wont allow you to fully turn it over.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

I've got digital calipers and will be sure to check clearance before running..

In a couple months I will probably be looking to get a new engine so in the meantime I want to play around with trying different things on this motor.

I already did some modifying to the ports and it seemed to help it get to top end a little quicker..
Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Any Novarossi based engines will accept any Novarossi brand turbo head buttons (Rb will accept JP, Novarossi will accept Mugen etc).
BTW, I do have plenty of them in stock at very reasonble price.
Edward
I am not so sure about that....lets say MT 12 Mugen engine (also from Nova Rossi) their buttons are thinner then the current Nova Rossi model....at least, I cannot use the MT-12 turbo or non-turbo button onto my Mugen X12 engine UNLESS I am using the MT-12 head..........otherwise, the button will go up and down underneath the X12 engine head.

Only certain model of Nova Rossi button can match with some RB and Mugen engine, not all of them are compatable even thought they are all from Nova Rossi.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I am not so sure about that....lets say MT 12 Mugen engine (also from Nova Rossi) their buttons are thinner then the current Nova Rossi model....at least, I cannot use the MT-12 turbo or non-turbo button onto my Mugen X12 engine UNLESS I am using the MT-12 head..........otherwise, the button will go up and down underneath the X12 engine head.

Only certain model of Nova Rossi button can match with some RB and Mugen engine, not all of them are compatable even thought they are all from Nova Rossi.
does anyone know the part number for the current turbo button in the nsr?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara

Actualy it is pretty new for me-my buttons are used on every single Novarossi made engines model-REX, JP, Novarossi, RB, X12, not sure if MT12-toooooo old and nobody use it any more. Any motors made last 2 years use the same head buttons, exsept LL (13.7x14.25) design.
Edward
Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Actualy it is pretty new for me-my buttons are used on every single Novarossi made engines model-REX, JP, Novarossi, RB, X12, not sure if MT12-toooooo old and nobody use it any more. Any motors made last 2 years use the same head buttons, exsept LL (13.7x14.25) design.
Edward
Correct....thats why on my respond, I mentioned the "LATE" model of Nova Rossi type engine (about the time when RS12 T3/T5 period)....MT 12 is defintiely OLD, but they still make them and ppl can still buy them.....