R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Thunder tiger Tomahawk MX, which motor to use?

I bought my first on road car today to go with my collection of mostly stadium trucks and 1/8th buggy. I got tired of killing the tires on my RC10GT when playing in front of my house. I looked the car over and I think its a good value for $170 that I paid for it brand new (better then buying a redcat). The only question area I have is the motor itself. It comes with the Thunder Tiger .18BX which is nothing more then the Associated .18 motor. It is a pull start setup as well. I personally prefer OS Max motors for their power, fuel useage, tunability, and durability. I have been saving a OS .12 CV-R for something and I am thinking about popping it in this car. Is that a good idea or will the .18 be better suited for it? I am thinking the OS will give me power (CV-R 1.1hp vs .18BX .8hp), more revs, and better mpg but my concern is that I need more grunt then the OS .12 has.

No racing just a fun on road car to enjoy with my son.

I also have OS .18 CV-R and .15 CV-R.

I ended up with the single speed version. Does anyone know if they have any issues with their 2 speed trans in the Thunder Tiger VX ?
zandrew is offline   Reply With Quote