Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS TZ or SIRIO EVO 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default OS TZ or SIRIO EVO 3

I don't know which one to buy, they both are good engine at good speed. Anybody got opinion on these engine? i want to buy one of them, but i don't know which one would be good.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Well, OS motors are well known for the durablility and ability to tune real easy. So I would go with the OS. They are great motors.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sirio evo 3 'should' spank it, but TZ 'should' out last it. I would personally choose the TZ. It aint much slower, it is considerably cheaper and is more durable.

p.s. Sirio carbs suck!
Old 07-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've seen both the TZ-12 5 port and the Sirio EVO III run on the same track... The Sirio was in a Kyosho-RRR and it had the Sirio pipe to go with it... the TZ-12 5 port was in a Mugen with the Yokomo Mielke pipe... The TZ blew it off the track... Ok, that does sounds alittle much, but the OS was clearly the faster motor... At that point I said to myself... I've got to get me one of those... :-)... Could only locate the 3 port OS TZ-12... Bought it and since the break in... The power of the 3 port is right with the 5 port... I see more power up in the RPM range and the power seems to go on forever... Both motors are nice ie. the Sirio and OS... In my Mongoose/G4, the 3 port TZ was a rocket and I felt my motor was the faster motor on the track... And that's half the battle in any race...

RC_Alan
Old 07-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

And the biggest advantage I see in the OS over the rest of the italian mills is its ability to run long distances, especially in a long final without losing its power or cutting off. That to me is a big advantage!

Rgds
Old 07-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would have to say, if your track is BIG, LONG enough for the engine, SIRIO EVO 3 will have the edge over the OS 12 TZ, no doubt............however, if your track is not 250' plus or longer, I doubt you can tell the SIRIO is any faster then the OS TZ....at least, the OS will be as fast, because you cannot actually squeeze out all the SIRIO extra power............

Not to mention.........after you see this, I doubt you will want to use SIRIO engine....yes, their carb sucks, now, add one more well known problem of SIRIO...very similar to MEGA engine if you don't know when to replace engine parts........

So, I would definitely buy the OS 12 TZ (3 or 5 ports, both are fast)....tower carry the entire engine inside and out, P/S set are $50 total......I can garantee you that EVO3 piston or sleeve iitself is $50 each.....if you can buy them seperately....LOL

Old 07-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

The OS TZ12 5-port was Dyno tested in the Aug 2005 edition of RC Diver magazine.. The 5 port produced 1.87 hp's at 38,000 rpm's and was still making 1.5hp's at 45,000... So if anyone is thinking that this motor is going to be another tipical OS torque motor will be very wrong... The OS was clearly the faster of the two motors ie.. OS TZ-12 5 port vs. Sirio EVO III ran at my local track. So much so that I went out to buy one that same day. I could only locate the 3 port version though... Once I got the 3 port broken in properly and it's still get stuck at TDC... My TZ 3-port makes crazy power on par with the 5-port motor... The 3 port screams well past the 40,000 rpm range... You'll have to gear this OS motor for rpm's!!! Torque is ok and low rpm power is ok down low in the range but, past 20,000 rpm's it's a monster. Don't be fooled into thinking this a tipical OS motor because it's not... This one is special and clearly OS had it's sights set on making the fastest 3-5 port .12 motors you can buy and afford at a far price.... For $190.00 USD's for the 3 port... you just can't beat that.. The Picco Mega was supposed to be the motor to bring the prices down and still make good power... The OS TZ-12 is clealy the winner here as well... I teamed mine up with the Yokomo Mielke pipe and the power is great, some are using the Skyline pipe as well... I haven't been this happy since the NS3 came out 2years ago.. OS has a winner with this one...

RC_Alan
Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

RC_alan Whats your stinger diameter of your yokomo miekle pipe?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

k_brian... I haven't measured it. It's a ROAR legal pipe & EFRA legal.#2501.
If you can't locate that pipe, give the Skyline pipe a try as well...

RC_Alan
Old 07-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

i am using the mielke outlaw 7mm pipe on my OS TZ 5 port.... Seems ok to me but i would like to try something else which will bring out the full potential of the engine..
Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They are not cheap, but I think the best pipe ot mate with the 12 TZ probably are the OS pipe for the 12TZ, they have the 52 version and the 60 version........I think TOWER is selling them for almost $100 per set.......talk about the price like MAX or Nova Rossi pipe set.......
Old 07-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Never had a problem with Sirio carbs!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I actually have the EV2 5-port and EV3 3-port on my cars. My brother runs an O.S. TZ 5-port. All the engines are fast and it's really up to what setting/ temp the engine is running. If both are at optimal setting, it's should be close. Who ever has the right gearing will have the advantage in a drag race. I like Sirio engines better because they have LOW CG. You can't go wrong with either one.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a tz 5 ports in my v1RRR WCE. It is fast. On par with my friend's NovaRossi RR12L5. His engine is almost $100 more. I would definitely get OS TZ 5 ports over Sirio. To me quality is the first priority. Also, I have a OS 1040 pipe. It is about $70 over at rc-toro.com. I don't like Tower. They rip ppl off. I feel OS pipe is best for tz 5 ports. I tried NovaRossi, but I feel OS pipe runs a bit more powerful overall.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Initiate

i heard alot of ppl saying OS TZ engines are beast now. i agree, but i have best offer of getting a sirio evo 3 for 175$. so i got the evo 3 for now. I'm going to test it out against my friends os tz soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.