Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Mega,novarossi,or..................????? >

Mega,novarossi,or..................?????

Mega,novarossi,or..................?????

Old 04-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD

How long have you used them? Do they last? [/B]
Re: Werks Collari LC12

I have only just begun to use this engine this season and have no long term experience with them. I live in Toronto, Canada, so the season is only just underway here now.
I have done some test runs with it and the break in was by far the easiest experience I have ever had with any nitro engine.
I have always been a Nova based engine fan and this is my first time stepping outside the box to try something different.

I first saw this engine used last season at the ROAR Nats in Toledo by Josh Cyrul and his car had unreal power on the track. In my opinion he had more engine than Swauger and both of them had far more than Hara.

We'll see how it goes long term, but I have yet to hear anything bad about them from anyone or read anything negative on any forums anywhere.

I look forward to seeing how this engine performs long term compared to my Rody V12, NovaMax and regular NovaRossi engines. For the money though, it seems hard to beat.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

i have one word for you Ridzwan: Novarossi.

one more word (if your on a budget): Mega ZX12 5port (ok 3 words hehe)
Old 04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
i have one word for you Ridzwan: Novarossi.

one more word (if your on a budget): Mega ZX12 5port (ok 3 words hehe)

i havent decide yet.hey guys,is it true that the mega needs to replace the conrod every 1 galon???
Old 04-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ntc3freak
i havent decide yet.hey guys,is it true that the mega needs to replace the conrod every 1 galon???
hi ntc....first of all from my point of view u shouldn't get carried away with the impression if u have a powerful engine it is good for u (i'm not saying they r bad too..by all means go get them if u really want them.)...l..but to win races u have to finished the race.....to finished the race u have too be constantly good in every dept. i.e. setting,tuning,driving,tire choices etc....there's ppl winning / getting good resultds in club level races without having to have the best engine and so on....just my opinion...cheers
Old 04-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcabj
hi ntc....first of all from my point of view u shouldn't get carried away with the impression if u have a powerful engine it is good for u (i'm not saying they r bad too..by all means go get them if u really want them.)...l..but to win races u have to finished the race.....to finished the race u have too be constantly good in every dept. i.e. setting,tuning,driving,tire choices etc....there's ppl winning / getting good resultds in club level races without having to have the best engine and so on....just my opinion...cheers

hey.thanks for ur comment.i also feel like u.but my os engine is up for sale.so i dun have an engine.im not looking for the best.but good enuff to keep up with the others.power is nothing without control .im not getting a jp engine or top end modified max engine.just want a standard engine.i know maybe someone might suggest to get a brand new os again.but i want to try something else.that is the point of this thread
Old 04-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ntc3freak
hey.thanks for ur comment.i also feel like u.but my os engine is up for sale.so i dun have an engine.im not looking for the best.but good enuff to keep up with the others.power is nothing without control .im not getting a jp engine or top end modified max engine.just want a standard engine.i know maybe someone might suggest to get a brand new os again.but i want to try something else.that is the point of this thread
good to hear ur thinking that way...anyway most italian base motors r good enough no matter what the brand is good hunting...and remember the "proper 'break in process' determine the life and performance of your motor...cheers and enjoy
Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jrabbito
Remember that the Max Power engine will be faster than the X12. It has a modified crank and some other work. Also remember that the X12 is long stroke. Great for short tracks compared to a stock engine, but on a longer straight you will see the difference compared to the Max night and day.
The max power Modified has what you mentioned not the stock Max engines which are the same as the NS novarossi

The X12 is not long stroke it is based on the NS12 which isnt long stroke.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcabj
good to hear ur thinking that way...anyway most italian base motors r good enough no matter what the brand is good hunting...and remember the "proper 'break in process' determine the life and performance of your motor...cheers and enjoy

yeah.i'll ask tomato to run it in for me.keep the comments and ideas coming guys
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

personally, if i was in the market for a new engine, i would by a x12 modified by mournan... they scream. it will be over your price range, i do not know for sure how much they are... i guess probaly $380 or so. there is a mournan modified engine thread in the regular nitro section, it has many comments. his engines are super fast. it would be worth the couple extra dollars.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

TRAJ,

Hate to break it to you but the "stock" Max engines still has modifications to the crank and the bore intake...there is a noticeable difference with the Max and the Novarossi NS series.

John

P.S. Take a look at the crank...does it look stock TRAJ? And this motor can be had for $325US.

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/en/products/motori.asp?id=79

Last edited by jrabbito; 04-26-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Novacranks have work done aswell

The only difference is the red putty which some stock rex engines have
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Traj,

That is nowhere near a stock crank......if you say nova cranks have work done as well I would love to know what models exactly you are talking about...this is news to me. please include links.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by TRAJ
Novacranks have work done aswell

The only difference is the red putty which some stock rex engines have
Yes and I think it also include the 11 fins heatsink instead of 9
Old 04-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

lolz
Old 05-02-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

guys,i wonder if i should buy the mega zx12???price is very nice.and spares very cheap too.so any comments???it comes with exhaust,which adds up to the value