Search

Picco Conrod

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Picco Conrod

Hi!

I`m new to nitro engines...

i have a Picco JLR red-dot evo3, i have now run 2 gallons on it, and i want to change the conrod. The partnumber for it is 51512 but i can`t find it in stock, is there any other conrod`s that will be good for this engine??

how often should i change the conrod?

I don`t race, just drive for fun at the lokal track
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autod
Hi!

I`m new to nitro engines...

i have a Picco JLR red-dot evo3, i have now run 2 gallons on it, and i want to change the conrod. The partnumber for it is 51512 but i can`t find it in stock, is there any other conrod`s that will be good for this engine??

how often should i change the conrod?

I don`t race, just drive for fun at the lokal track

I still run this older motor too. And the parts are getting harder to find. What I have been doing is buying New OFNA Picco motors on ebay for $65.

All the parts are interchangable, just make sure you put the shim back until the piston sleeve. (If you have the "tuned" version). As that shim is pretty much non-replaceable.

I have never changed the con-rod on the motor, and i have 3 gallons thru mine. I do take it apart every gallon and measure the bushing though, and check to make sure its not stretched. Once its stretched, I just replace the motor. ($65!) This motor will most likely start leaking air before your con-rod fails.

Shawn.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

ok, thanks! du you have a link? not shure what engine it is? are you talking about head shims?

all i really need is i new conrod, so does anybody know if a conrod from a newer .12 engine vill be a direct fit?

if i cant find anything that will fit i just use my engine as it is until it blows up and just buy something new i guess it is an old motor but it has many gallons left i think so it would be great to use it as long as possible
Old 01-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I believe the Mega 202182 rod for the ZX 12 DSII fits them if you can find one of those.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
I still run this older motor too. And the parts are getting harder to find. What I have been doing is buying New OFNA Picco motors on ebay for $65.

All the parts are interchangable, just make sure you put the shim back until the piston sleeve. (If you have the "tuned" version). As that shim is pretty much non-replaceable.

I have never changed the con-rod on the motor, and i have 3 gallons thru mine. I do take it apart every gallon and measure the bushing though, and check to make sure its not stretched. Once its stretched, I just replace the motor. ($65!) This motor will most likely start leaking air before your con-rod fails.

Shawn.
Just because it's stretched a tad doesn't mean you have to replace it. The usual signs of stretch are harder to keep running, going thru plugs, running hotter, etc. Just add another .10 shim until it goes back to running the way it did before, because they will stretch a tiny bit, then stay static for the rest of their life.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autod
ok, thanks! du you have a link? not shure what engine it is? are you talking about head shims?

all i really need is i new conrod, so does anybody know if a conrod from a newer .12 engine vill be a direct fit?

if i cant find anything that will fit i just use my engine as it is until it blows up and just buy something new i guess it is an old motor but it has many gallons left i think so it would be great to use it as long as possible
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OFNA-51121-Pi...item416fb53f4e

I have found them cheaper, but for $70 (Plus shipping of course), you can get an entire new motor.

Everything in the above motor is interchangeable, but the head button. Its not a turbo type.

On the JLR Red Dot Evo3 motors. Their is a "tuned" version, which has a small shim under the sleeve. Its there to modifify the timing of the motor, which out changing the ports on the motor.

Shawn.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks!!

the Mega 202182 is not easy to find... and the ebay seller will not send to Norway..

looks like i just should run with the conrod i have, and get a new engine that i can get parts for.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

The Picco part number is 1347.
You may be able to find one that way in Europe.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by D Starks
The Picco part number is 1347.
You may be able to find one that way in Europe.
1347; http://www.mwrccars.at/en/picco-pleu..._store=default
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks

du you know if other conrods for P1-R fits? like 1420 or 1525? They are for the evo 4..