Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Exhaust/Manifold Question.. >

Exhaust/Manifold Question..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exhaust/Manifold Question..

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Exhaust/Manifold Question..

Do you have to use the correct manifold for a pipe? or do you just change the tuned pipe when you wanna try a different exhaust?

What I mean really is, is the manifold part of the tuned system as a whole or is it unimportant is it just feeding the chamber of the pipe?

Or are Nova and Picco different for instance?

I have two nova pipes and one picco pipe and manifolds for each, I just want to buy the correct pipe for a new engine and I was wondering if I could use one of my existing manifolds and save some cash.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Lord

With the 1/8 scale I know a lot of Picco drivers using the Picco pipe and engine with a Novarossi manifold, it seems to work better.

If it is the shape or the total length I do not know but yes, it is an option to finetune the exhaust system to the engine.

I must say the 2033 pipe with the Nova short conical manifold is running great on my Nova engines
Old 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

something more about pipe-manifold set.is a good idea to have these to the same diameter inside?i have seen many sets and the pipe is larger than the internal of the manifold where it goes in.the same must be with engine's exhaust hole and the hole from the manifold.
what do you think guys?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

According to this site what matters more is length so the differences in diameter are negligible.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
According to this site what matters more is length so the differences in diameter are negligible.

i don't speak for diameter increase.but don't have a lip.that create turbulence.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

You mean from manifold to pipe there's a lip?I think it's because the start of divergent cone.