Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
OS Speed 12 XZ SpecII tuning issues. >

OS Speed 12 XZ SpecII tuning issues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed 12 XZ SpecII tuning issues.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default OS Speed 12 XZ SpecII tuning issues.

Hi I recently ran my OS Speed 12XZ SpecII which I kept for months after I broke it in and tuned it.so when the first time I ran it again,the engine seems to have high idling and when I lower the idle,it dies.changed plug,checked engine(no damages internally),retune it but still same problem.only different this time is I'm using O'Donnell now instead of Byrons.guys please help.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i recently had the same issue with my speed xz that i didnt use for a while. i found the front bearing is leaking not allowing it to idle after warm up.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could have the bottom end tune too rich and your idle is open too far which gives it an idle that won't allow you to shut the carb more as it just becomes way too rich and stalls.

Also could be the other way too! make sure you're tuning your bottom needle to your idle gap, not the other way around!

Taking out the venturi (if it has one) visually set the idle gap to about 0.5mm, prime the engine and start it.

Tune the HSN, then set the LSN so it idles high for 20 secs after a fast run, then lower the idle gap if required, then richen the HSN 1hr.

This is your basic tune, tune on the track for performance now.

If you already knew all this then sorry