R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   IDM .12 Hand Podified Question??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/657262-idm-12-hand-podified-question.html)

WheelPower99 08-26-2012 06:33 PM

IDM .12 Hand Podified Question???

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys

Just throwing a question out there to see if anyone can help. I bought a IDM .12 and it was meant to be hand modifed and run in as a part of the deal but when I got it had the Podified stamp on the cooling head. I raced the engine for a season and the thing was really good then it blew a rear bearing so when I pulled it apart to inspect the engine I noticed not a lot doing on the liner or crank.
I've attached a few pics to get your thoughts has this thing even been touched or modified or have I paid for something and got ripped off!!

WheelPower99 08-26-2012 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic

HPIRacer79 08-27-2012 12:08 AM

http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

WheelPower99 08-27-2012 12:11 AM

The question or opinion I'm asking does this look like it been modified to any of you that have experience in that area. Or does anyone else have a modified IDM engine??

Aza088 08-27-2012 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by WheelPower99 (Post 11140037)
The question or opinion I'm asking does this look like it been modified to any of you that have experience in that area. Or does anyone else have a modified IDM engine??

I have 2x IDM podified ill open one up and have a look and see if i can post some pic's

The_Keeper 08-27-2012 02:05 AM

you need the equipment to measure the timing to find out where it has been changed.
a picture of the barrel and the back of the crank shows you nothing.

if you don't know what you are looking for don't look.
if it went well be happy.

Aza088 08-27-2012 02:52 AM

Pics Podified IDM

5 Attachment(s)
Excuse the Corrosion This engine is over 1 year old and done lots of work.

Aza088 08-27-2012 02:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more

Jeff Hamon 08-27-2012 03:06 AM

Im no expert.... But im pretty sure the liners dont come standard with a taper around the bottom edge. Also have you checked the timing vs a std crank?

I think this is a good advert for podified - obviously his work is as good if not better then the factory..

Every motor ive had (there has been a fair few) has been nothing but perfect!! Cant speek any higher of the workmanship and performance.

BartzRC 08-27-2012 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by WheelPower99 (Post 11139056)
Hi Guys

Just throwing a question out there to see if anyone can help. I bought a IDM .12 and it was meant to be hand modifed and run in as a part of the deal but when I got it had the Podified stamp on the cooling head. I raced the engine for a season and the thing was really good then it blew a rear bearing so when I pulled it apart to inspect the engine I noticed not a lot doing on the liner or crank.
I've attached a few pics to get your thoughts has this thing even been touched or modified or have I paid for something and got ripped off!!

Hi mate, I am the distributer of Podified IDM/PICCO engines in NSW and I can assure you that there are a lot of modifications personally done by Brendan Podlich form "PODIFIED" engines which appear in the photos above. If you wish to go through them with me, please send me a PM and I will either call you or list them for you.
Ric Bartolozzi
Podified PICCO NSW.

Cavey 08-27-2012 04:00 AM

:ha::ha::ha:You better buy another mate think you might have blow the rear bearing thew lack of maintenance seem this is first time you have opened it blew the bearing!!! Think operator error comes to mind ,might have been the best engine you owned if you looked after it a little better.... Brendan's work is track tested by many his work is worth the money buy two engines do yourself a Favor and run them back to back std against the podified ... Personally I would be talking to rick from barzts sounds like you might need a rod as well D:D:D=WheelPower99;11140037]The question or opinion I'm asking does this look like it been modified to any of you that have experience in that area. Or does anyone else have a modified IDM engine??[/QUOTE]

WheelPower99 08-27-2012 03:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys it would seem like everything is in order and it's great to the backing for this guy makes me feel a little better about the whole deal.

cheers