R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   BuKu Speed Tune Clutch for 1/8th Scale on road GT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/654207-buku-speed-tune-clutch-1-8th-scale-road-gt.html)

THE PHILLY JYNX 08-14-2012 05:08 PM

BuKu Speed Tune Clutch for 1/8th Scale on road GT

Hello guys, I wanted to start this thread for the discussion of our 1/8th scale clutch and how it's being used for on-road application.:) For you guys who are already running it (if you willing;)) post up some of your findings with the clutch and maybe some clutch settings as well for those who may be considering running it for on road...Thanks Fellas

Gary NJ 08-17-2012 07:04 AM

I plan to try my Buku on my GT8 at FBF next weekend. Love it on my offroad car. Will the lack of a vented clutch bell on the two speed present a problem? I figured I'd start with my offroad settings, and just adjust from there.

TONY-Q 08-20-2012 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gary NJ (Post 11103925)
I plan to try my Buku on my GT8 at FBF next weekend. Love it on my offroad car. Will the lack of a vented clutch bell on the two speed present a problem? I figured I'd start with my offroad settings, and just adjust from there.

Hey Gary how are you let me tell you you are noy going to regret trying it from having the record time of 16.8@ Floyd I went to average 13.6 and clutch lasts at least 4x longer than regular 3shoed

TONY-Q 08-20-2012 06:44 AM

Well I have to say that I was skeptical about trying this clutch then when I tried it I keeped asking my sel y dint I try it before its so easy to tune and u could actually tune it to your way of driving will recomend hands down

DOE BOY 08-21-2012 02:53 AM

I put it in my Kyosho Gt2 the Best Clutch I ever had

Gustavo p 08-21-2012 12:44 PM

very good

Good punch n is the same punch from beginning to the finish
Very easy for tuned

thanks Tony Q for shows us this clutch

manny021803 08-21-2012 07:03 PM

very nice clutch

hey tony q thanks for show me the way to get a better climb in my power clutch the bu-ku is the best that i ever seem thanks again:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Originally Posted by TONY-Q (Post 11113813)
Well I have to say that I was skeptical about trying this clutch then when I tried it I keeped asking my sel y dint I try it before its so easy to tune and u could actually tune it to your way of driving will recomend hands down

Joseph16 08-21-2012 08:45 PM

Well im my opinion Buku is the best clutch i ever, ever try in my life.
Go ahead guys and start using buku. You guys not going to regret. Easy to tune and it last way longer than the normal 3 shoes clutch.

Tony Q just order me 2 more complete clutches with a harder springs. Looking for a better punch.

"buku the Best"

Victor Vector 08-22-2012 06:19 AM

Tony, whilst in the Buku land, how's that Buku tunable pipe doing ??

Jacko

TONY-Q 08-22-2012 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Victor Vector (Post 11122657)

Jacko

Lol it worked good on my OS off road engine but still need to try it on my actual racing engine if results are the same we're looking @ a significant fuel mileage increase without sacrificing power

TONY-Q 08-22-2012 06:40 AM

Here is a tuning setup that seems to work very good on gt2
go all yhe way in than backout 1 1/2 turns on 1 and 2 and 1turn on 3

Gary NJ 08-25-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Victor Vector (Post 11122657)

Jacko

Adjustable pipes aren't going to be allowed to run in GT, are they??? These aren't allowed in any sanctioned racing class or series that I'm aware of. OMG, let's not open THAT can of worms in this or any other class. It's the last thing needed in GT, especially since we run 2 speeds already anyway.

1FastVW 09-26-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Joseph16 (Post 11121605)
Well im my opinion Buku is the best clutch i ever, ever try in my life.
Go ahead guys and start using buku. You guys not going to regret. Easy to tune and it last way longer than the normal 3 shoes clutch.

Tony Q just order me 2 more complete clutches with a harder springs. Looking for a better punch.

"buku the Best"

what's the part # for the harder spring??? Is it the big bore spring...BUKU-2005??? Tx.

rinolino 01-21-2013 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to thank Bukupower for providing us with an outstanding product. This last weekend Scotty Gray was able to TQ and Win the Panamerican GT Race in Homestead Florida one of the biggest GT races. Buku Adjustable clutch really made the difference optimizing the power to the ground. Scotty was very surprised to improve his laptimes by turning the set screws in the clutch while we were testing. It is that easy !!

I had a minor problem on my semi final that didnt allow me to make it to the big show

Special thanks to Dave for always being there for me, Im really glad to represent such a good product.

bassman2 05-30-2013 06:32 PM

BuKu clutch got the job done (TQ'ed and 1st place finish for the GT8 class) in the Midwest Series Race #1 at Toledo, OH. I am so amazed on how easy to tune the clutch on the fly. Championship product made for champions. Great product for the GT8 class. Keep up the good work guys. Thank you Brian!!!

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psb8cefdd1.jpg

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps50e8b727.jpg