R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Do the SuperChargers work?

OK I am not new to superchargers or turbo chargers at all. I know how they work to a T and I know why they work. I was doing some reading about RC nitro engines and have not been able to understand how the Nitro Super Chargers work. PLease correct me If I am wrong but arnt both the intake ports and the exhaust ports on a nitro engine open at the same time? I have been looking at the supercharger kits and would love to buy one if it really does work. If you are going to post please explain why they work or why they dont. Dont just put they suck etc. Does anyone have one installed on a on road car or a monster truck and have you seen any gains? Please let me know thanks

Chris R
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Tech Regular

I have contacted the company that advertises them several times, both by e-mail and over the phone. While I do not believe the superchargers will work on our two-cycle engines (I don't want to get into that just yet; it's a whole different topic than what I am going to get into), I think they might have a chance on a four-cycle. I have been working on getting the O.S. FS26C to work in an NTC3 and would like to play with a supercharger set-up on one. Despite multiple phone conversations, and assurances that they had supercharged four-stroke airplane engines, I have had no luck in getting them to call me back or return my e-mails. Every time I call them I feel like I'm Bill Murray in "Groundhogs' Day". I start over every time explaining what I want. They assure me it will be no problem and that an "engineer" will contact me. I have repeated this process several times with them. So maybe a bigger question than whether the supercharger will work is whether you can actually get them to build one for you. Good luck.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info

Chris R
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote