Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
How fast is the M.Collari Sirio 12 compared to the JP FX 12 series >

How fast is the M.Collari Sirio 12 compared to the JP FX 12 series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How fast is the M.Collari Sirio 12 compared to the JP FX 12 series

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Talking How fast is the M.Collari Sirio 12 compared to the JP FX 12 series

Hi Guys

I was still unable to decide on an engine for 3R the finalist are the 3 listed below. Can someone please let me know out of these three with ref. to power speed and durability which one is the best.....giving pref. to speed ! (fastest)

1. M.Collari Sirio S12TUP 3 Ports Turbo Engine
2. M.Collari Sirio S12TUP Evo, 3 Ports Turbo Engine
3. JP FX12 T3 " 3 ports , Turbo & SG Shaft "

Appreciate all the help. The selected engine would go into my V one RRR which is going to be used at a local small to med. track, this season

Regard
ZiiZO.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

my mother always told me to buy the most expensive one, you can't go wrong with that!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:49 AM
jag
Tech Master

I don't have any personal experience with those engines but if your track is short you may want to consider the engine with the longer stroke. I don't know if the Collari is based on the Sirio but the Sirio has a short stroke and is better on long, fast tracks.

Just my opinion.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jag
I don't know if the Collari is based on the Sirio but the Sirio has a short stroke and is better on long, fast tracks.
I believe the Collari engine he was referring to is Sirio based engine.

Anyway, comparing stroke wise, the Sirio is slightly longer than the normal Novarossi engines (RB, JP, REX, TOP included). If you want a long stroke engine for more torque, get the Novarossi RR12L3 engine.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:18 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
I believe the Collari engine he was referring to is Sirio based engine.

Anyway, comparing stroke wise, the Sirio is slightly longer than the normal Novarossi engines (RB, JP, REX, TOP included). If you want a long stroke engine for more torque, get the Novarossi RR12L3 engine.
Oh great masterD, don't you mean that the Sirio is slightly shorter than a normal Novarossi? The stroke on an NSR is 14.04mm and the Sirio WC is 13.70mm... if I am not mistaken. The stroke on the RR is 14.25mm. I must admit that this info is from the internet and not my digital caliper. I am a big fan of the RR on a tight, twisty track. I hope I'm right.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by asw7576
my mother always told me to buy the most expensive one, you can't go wrong with that!
You have a good mommy....I envy.....
Old 02-03-2005, 04:15 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by jag
Oh great masterD, don't you mean that the Sirio is slightly shorter than a normal Novarossi? The stroke on an NSR is 14.04mm and the Sirio WC is 13.70mm... if I am not mistaken. The stroke on the RR is 14.25mm. I must admit that this info is from the internet and not my digital caliper. I am a big fan of the RR on a tight, twisty track. I hope I'm right.
You are right...Star Motors based engines (Sirio, Collari) have 13.70mm stroke by 14.00mm bore. Novas are 14.00 stroke by 13.80mm bore.......but Sirio's are mid long rod engines, compared to short rod Nova's. And yes Nova's have a tad more bottom end then Sirio's and Sirio's have a tad more high end than Nova's
The issue of that stroke on Sirio's was a way to trick the old rules that limited exhaust port to 4.5mm, so they made a shorter stroke to gain more efective exhaust timing, thus their more top end...but now rules are open as to exhaust port hight, so 0.2 to 0.3mm cut on a Nova exahaust port can make a big difference in top end....just my 2 cents advice.

AFM
Old 02-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

I think i will go for the FX T 03 or 05 since the stroke for these is 14mm i already have a TR T OS which has a 13.7mm of stroke so i guess i will try out the JP this time and lets hope it runs good in this climate.....

PS anyone know any links to the site that has details on the M collari engines.

cheers and thanks for the contribution.

Regards
Aziz
Old 02-04-2005, 01:06 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by uaerc
I think i will go for the FX T 03 or 05 since the stroke for these is 14mm i already have a TR T OS which has a 13.7mm of stroke so i guess i will try out the JP this time and lets hope it runs good in this climate.....

PS anyone know any links to the site that has details on the M collari engines.

cheers and thanks for the contribution.

Regards
Aziz
I'm not sure about this but give it a try. http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/index.htm
Old 02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by jag
I'm not sure about this but give it a try. http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/index.htm
NO NO, those are the fake Collaris.

the True Lamberto Collari's are found at
www.lambertocollari.com but they don't show the .12 engines, but they do explain their legal issues with Innotech
The .12 Collaris can bde seen at www.werksracing.com
and there is athread in this forum with lots of pictures and explanations on them.
Dyno test was done in January issue of Rc Nitro Magazine.

AFM
Old 02-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

if you're willing to run less than 30%NITRO don't buy JP engines.......
Old 02-04-2005, 10:07 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by afm
NO NO, those are the fake Collaris.

the True Lamberto Collari's are found at
www.lambertocollari.com but they don't show the .12 engines, but they do explain their legal issues with Innotech
The .12 Collaris can bde seen at www.werksracing.com
and there is athread in this forum with lots of pictures and explanations on them.
Dyno test was done in January issue of Rc Nitro Magazine.

AFM
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
if you're willing to run less than 30%NITRO don't buy JP engines.......
why ? does JP only use 30% and above...... ?
Old 02-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

What he meant is 25% nitro is safe upper limit for .12 JP engines, and since you live in UAE, I think 25% nitro is little bit too much for desert type weather. Engine would overheat easily during a hot day.

You could consider to add one or two 0.1mm shims (novarossi part #03601) and cold plug #6 (C6TF) if you intend to use 25% nitro. Good luck on your brand new JP engines.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

JP FX12 isn't that fast with less than 30%.........

i.e: running 16% nitro the engine isn't faster than any regular novarossi engine.....or performs even worse......poor idle, less torque......

the exhaust port is too high to make the engione fast with low nitro content......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.