Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
RB Concept V12 Circuit 3 Ports 'Rody' >

RB Concept V12 Circuit 3 Ports 'Rody'

RB Concept V12 Circuit 3 Ports 'Rody'

Old 02-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

RB Concept V12 Circuit 3 Ports 'Rody' vs Collari?

I have been looking at these motors based on my earlier question about a serious powerplant for my 710. RB Concept V12 Circuit 3 Ports Rody tuned. Are they up there with Novarossi ETC ....

I have decided to either go for this RB or the Collari motor 'L. Collari WRXLC12PRO3' 3-Port, ROAR Legal, .12 AAC, Turbo Plug, SG Crank, Low CG Design

Any comments appreciated

Thanks again
Scott

Last edited by acutts; 02-03-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 AM
jag
Tech Master

I have an Rody V12 3 port. It runs very good and is very fast.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by jag
I have an Rody V12 3 port. It runs very good and is very fast.
Is it correct to assume that the Rody JB is a Novarossi based motor and the Collari based on Picco?

It seems that the Collari is quite a bit cheaper as I can get it in the states for $295 while the RB Rody seems to be around £300 as I can only get it in the UK.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:55 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by acutts
Is it correct to assume that the Rody JB is a Novarossi based motor and the Collari based on Picco?

It seems that the Collari is quite a bit cheaper as I can get it in the states for $295 while the RB Rody seems to be around £300 as I can only get it in the UK.
The RB is based on the Novarossi but the Collari is based on the Sirio I believe.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by jag
The RB is based on the Novarossi but the Collari is based on the Sirio I believe.
The Sirio, Mega, Picco all seem to have very similar crankcase? It has to do with the engine monoblock for the 710 ... there are 2 different blocks depending on Picco/Mega based engines and the other is for Novarossi based motors ... I have the Mega/Picco one so need to get a motor that will fit :-(
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by acutts
The Sirio, Mega, Picco all seem to have very similar crankcase? It has to do with the engine monoblock for the 710 ... there are 2 different blocks depending on Picco/Mega based engines and the other is for Novarossi based motors ... I have the Mega/Picco one so need to get a motor that will fit :-(
I did not know that the Sirio used the same monoblock as the Mega. Can't you use the original engine mount?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Not sure really so going to ask Serpent to find out before I buy ...! I guess I could use the original blocks ..... but the monoblock is way cool ... and nice anodised orangy ....
Old 02-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shre your secrets

Can anyone please tell me the needle settings for a 1700-000410. I bought one second hand and have just bought a new sleeve and piston head. I have gone through the break-in process and things sweemed to be going well.

Except today when I was racing the engine kept cutting out. It would cut out when applying throttle. I didn't finish one race.

When I bought the engine I foolishly turned the needle that is on the slide carb. I have no idea what the setting should be.

Any help for all three (running) settings would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

factory settings is about 5.25 turns from closed on the high speed needle and about 2.5 turns from closed on the low speed needle.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

and the midrange screw should be flush with the carby