Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Pics of my engine porting.. >

Pics of my engine porting..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pics of my engine porting..

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Pics of my engine porting..

Well here is some pics of an engine I ported, Its a Sh 28P6 and is going into a Savage... the cranks is stock still at time of the pictures, and I am still doing someminor work to the exhaust port... We used a 300 wat halogen for lighting and it makes the sleeve look rougher then it is, the finish is like a mrror when you see it live... Anyways hopefully you like them, as I am still a rookie engine modder and only do it for fun..

and here is a video of one of my engines in action, i need to find a suitable 3 needle carb for this thing, as the current 2 needle will not allow me to move the seat, so it tends to run on slightly coming off a top speed run, I could easily correct that by moving the seat position out 1/2 a trun if it wasn't just a 2 needle... anyways enjoy

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...62797816988099

[
Old 10-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

did you polish the outside of the sleeve,and what do you have on the inside of the sleeve.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

i have sponge on the inside, it makes it easier for camera to focus....and yes the outside is polished.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Nice porting job on your sleeve.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the exaust port on the motor case looks just the opposite of a novarossi, the top part goes up hill instead of the bottom going down. instead it looks like it goes strait out at the bottom, wallyedmonds do you see that to?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Just wondering, after doing that killer port job on the sleeve why did'nt you advance the timing on the crank??
Old 10-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

I just haven't gotten to the crank yet....LOL but I wanted to post a pic of it stock, and after I do the crank today I will post pics of it cdompleted...... I have my timings marked out on the crank though if look at it..
Old 10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

If I'm not mistaken, you don't port the boost port. I'd have to look at my engines to verify though.

Dave
Old 10-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Maximo I missed that first glance. When you finish that motor it should really rip!! Let us know how it does.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

why dont you also try match porting the liner to the exhaust port ?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mrgsr
why dont you also try match porting the liner to the exhaust port ?
it is now ! i think I said I was still finishing that....but I do like to have a slight lip on top and botom..... the pics are ultra closeup, but if you see it live the port is almost perfectly matched... but in the pics it really doesn't show....
Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 AM
am
Tech Master

Do not port your sleeve to the exhaust port, you will mess up the timing for the exhaust . If you do not know how to messure timings and what changing the timing does to your enginem do not touch!!

I will also strongly advice you to messure timing on your crank before you alter this, then you know what you have done and you learn more from your project,
Old 10-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by am
Do not port your sleeve to the exhaust port, you will mess up the timing for the exhaust . If you do not know how to messure timings and what changing the timing does to your enginem do not touch!!

I will also strongly advice you to messure timing on your crank before you alter this, then you know what you have done and you learn more from your project,
thanks for the advice,but I do measure timing and have altered the timing on several of these engines, with great results.... i alter the transfer, boost and exhaust as well as induction timing... I have been testing with this particular model of engine for 4 months and have come up with timing profiles that work excelent....
Old 10-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugenb46
the exaust port on the motor case looks just the opposite of a novarossi, the top part goes up hill instead of the bottom going down. instead it looks like it goes strait out at the bottom, wallyedmonds do you see that to?
yes i wonder why and i would never polish the out sid of the sleeve,this is where the( seal ) of the motor is for the ports and exaust,and it may make the sleeve expand to much,i think you know what i mean
Old 10-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugenb46
yes i wonder why and i would never polish the out side of the sleeve,this is where the( seal ) of the motor is for the ports and exaust,and it may make the sleeve expand to much,i think you know what i mean,but it dos look nice i hope it works,the crank looks nice too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.