Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks very much for your help.

Mike
Old 05-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dj apolaro
If anyone is intrerested in a starting royal palm set-up, let me know. I an post it if you want. For the 710, thats is, as I have never ran the other cars. I will say, a lazier car works better at royal palm, to a point. As for tires start with 37's for qual.
Dj...Please post the setup on mytsn. While you're at it could you post your winning setup from the Regionals. Thanks dude.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by gonzoY5
That's cuz you talk so much CRAP joemugen J/K
I think they have a Joemugen filter running on the web site
Old 05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

it must be a high speed filter!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

I will post it in the 710 forum here at rctech. I do not know if I can post on mytsn. give till later today.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I pretty much finished my break in with this engine this weekend and I must say I turned a few heads. Got a few guys running some $400+ motors and I blew by them on the straights. This is the first motor that I have seen with consistant power from top to bottom. So far I am very satisfied with this motor. Now I just gotta take time and get my serpent handling right
Old 05-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

ALLLLlllll right, Here I go again. This weekend was the last of our state series. My JP was flawless till the conrod died (6 gallons) So now I'm going to give the Mega another shot. I had found the o-rings on the low end needle stripped up from factory, so I'm hoping that had something to do with my tuning problems. I have those all changed up. This weekend I'm going to give it another try. I dind't have any performance issues when it was tuned right, but I just couldn't get it to keep it's tune. We'll see how it goes and I'll report for anyone that's interested.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Mine has the low end o ring stripped also. Where did you get them? From Serpent?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Info from Serpent:

They are testing new conrods for the.12 engine now, if its working good, it will be available late jun.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

hat is very good news. Please keep us informed as to the progress of these tests
Old 05-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Well I'm FINALLY able to say I'm happy with the ZX12. After changing the o-rings, all problems went away. Turns out it's not that hard to tune afterall You just needs to do fine adjustments. It ran hard, good run time, good everything, never overheated. Yesterday was just practice, we'll see how it works in a race. But I have a good feeling about it. PHEW!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

where did you get the orings? I'm looking for them too
Old 05-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

I wound up changing the High and Low Speed needle o-rings as well as the carb locking mechanism and o-rings (just in case) It came out to less than $10.

I got them from www.shopserpent.com Call Serpent USA and they'll give you the part #'s. I'll post them tonight when I get home from work.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

I finally have mine dialed in OK. I'm heading to San Antonio today to make the final adjustments to the motor before the Texas Biggie. My problem was that; because I was running the wrong glow-plug, the high-speed needle set more on the lean side. And after 3 to 4 minutes of run time, it would start to over heat.
I still don't under stand how a lot of these motors are coming with bad o-rings. Is that an automated process at the plant or something? I was looking in the hobby shop the other day, and you could see the low-speed o-ring sticking out. But don't get me wrong. I really really like this motor.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mgreen
I still don't under stand how a lot of these motors are coming with bad o-rings. Is that an automated process at the plant or something? I was looking in the hobby shop the other day, and you could see the low-speed o-ring sticking out. But don't get me wrong. I really really like this motor.
Yeah that's how I noticed mine was cut. There was a tiny piece of the o-ring sticking out of the low end needle. I thought it was just a little piece of dirt, but when i tried to pull it off it wouldn't come off. When I took out the LSN the orings were cut up. i changed everythign else just as a precaution. I was told by a Serpent guy this weekend that they there will be (or maybe are already) different o-rings coming with the engines, but that's all the info I got.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.