R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   1/8 Inferno GT motor recommendation (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/577084-1-8-inferno-gt-motor-recommendation.html)

utah300rum 12-12-2011 10:32 AM

1/8 Inferno GT motor recommendation

I am new to nitro so sorry for the newbie questions. I just got my first Inferno GT and it has an Axial .28 and I only get 5-6 minutes of run time.

I have a RC8T with a Werks B5 and I can get 8 minutes of runtime. It is a .21 but seems to have plent of power for the truggy.

Would a Werks B5 .21 work well in a GT, it seems most people have a .28 is there a reason? or do you have any other recommendations for $175-$225 price range that would have more power and better fuel economy.

Thanks.

jneg 12-12-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by utah300rum (Post 10027724)
I am new to nitro so sorry for the newbie questions. I just got my first Inferno GT and it has an Axial .28 and I only get 5-6 minutes of run time.

I have a RC8T with a Werks B5 and I can get 8 minutes of runtime. It is a .21 but seems to have plent of power for the truggy.

Would a Werks B5 .21 work well in a GT, it seems most people have a .28 is there a reason? or do you have any other recommendations for $175-$225 price range that would have more power and better fuel economy.

Thanks.

The Werks B5 is a great motor for the GT2

rageworks 12-12-2011 04:17 PM

Yea buddy!, a B5 with a 2058 tuned pipe would be a great
powerplant in your car. Run times have alot to do with gearing,
the track you are running on, shift point adjustment and how the
engine is tuned.

*1speedy 12-12-2011 04:23 PM

One of the great reasons IGT is so fun to Race/Bash is because it’s hard to put a “wrong” Engine in it.:D

Many of us have a old 3 or 5 port .21 or .28 laying around from a buggy and they just slide right in and work great, after all these are buggy’s with a 2speed and slicks. At worst you might have to change your pinion gears to adjust for the type of power your engine has.

I would stay away ALL RTR Engines they tend to be more hassle then the few dollars u save is worth.

Pick your favorite Engine and let it rip….:tire:;)

I also agree the Werks is a very good engine for this class.:nod:

TecnoPower has a few .21 engines left at Amainhobbies cant get a better engine for the money. Less then 200.00

Whatever engine you decide on just remember the one rule,
Smile when you pull that trigger.:D

bassman2 12-12-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by *1speedy (Post 10029118)
One of the great reasons IGT is so fun to Race/Bash is because it’s hard to put a “wrong” Engine in it.:D

Many of us have a old 3 or 5 port .21 or .28 laying around from a buggy and they just slide right in and work great, after all these are buggy’s with a 2speed and slicks. At worst you might have to change your pinion gears to adjust for the type of power your engine has.

I would stay away ALL RTR Engines they tend to be more hassle then the few dollars u save is worth.

Pick your favorite Engine and let it rip….:tire:;)

I also agree the Werks is a very good engine for this class.:nod:

TecnoPower has a few .21 engines left at Amainhobbies cant get a better engine for the money. Less then 200.00

Whatever engine you decide on just remember the one rule,
Smile when you pull that trigger.:D

Well said Leon, well said !!!!:nod::nod::nod:

utah300rum 12-13-2011 09:05 AM

Thanks for the replies...... I have 2 motors that I like so far with my limited experience.... Both have been easy to tune and run great.

My Werks B5 and a Jammin JPX .28

Both are about the same price..... but I am leaning toward trying a B5 in the Inferno.

spooky 1 12-13-2011 09:51 AM

slap that B5 in there and let's go racing. Leon is right, there are no bad engines for this car. It's all about driving it and smiling. Just keep smiling when I go by.LOL

utah300rum 12-14-2011 03:05 PM

I just picked a used B5 I usually avoid used but it was cheap I couldn't pass...... I think I will keep it as a back up for now. I will just keep running in the stock class.

Gus, I just hope I can keep the car running long enough for you to pass me!