Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

2013 Torque line by Picco

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by emule2010
I just finished break-in process for my Torque .21 and try to replace a new con-rod. I got a problem that sleeve is stuck in engine, I try zip-tie method, heating body, and spray a lot of wd40 without any success. Anybody experienced this and any tips?
The way I did mine for the .21 of my GT after breaking a couple of zip-ties was, I found a plastic piece that was a lot thicker but fits in the exhaust port and once it moves a little bit then is easy. I hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
im just to confident on picco, but you are 100% right Anthony...Now that Billy knows it, he gonna kick my ass for not replacing the rod..
wait tell I see you. hope soon after surgery...in feb
Old 10-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Hello guys, I heard that some one is looking for crank size, here is some info for you.

Good: 4.99mm - 4.97mm
Bad: below 4.97mm

Good: 3.99mm to 3.97mm
Bad: below 3.97mm

Hope this helps
Billy

www.acornracingusa.com
products for serious "nitro" on-road racers
Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Hello PICCO family and friends, KEVCO RACING has added a PICCO Technical Engine Information page to their website. Go to www.kevcoracing.com.

KEVCO will be adding technical engine information to their page as much as we can to help everyone be more knowledgeable towards our PICCO race engine.

If any of you PICCO owners have any question, please feel free to ask on this rctech thread and someone will get back with as soon as possible.

KEVECO / PICCO Racing will be refreshing and starting a new 2013 PICCO engine thread in January.

Thank you guys and gals for all your support
Billy Bowerman

www.acornracingusa.com
products for serious "nitro" on road racers
Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys!
How long do your engine bearings last? I'm experiencing some issues with mines; both original Picco and other brands.
I'm racing with a .21 EVO4 EDO Modified 2010.
Bearings usually last 4 litres (1 gallon..... more or less). It's pretty annoying cause I like the engine much more than Novas, totally different power band and bottom torque.

Where is the problem in your opinion?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Flygio
Hi guys!
How long do your engine bearings last? I'm experiencing some issues with mines; both original Picco and other brands.
I'm racing with a .21 EVO4 EDO Modified 2010.
Bearings usually last 4 litres (1 gallon..... more or less). It's pretty annoying cause I like the engine much more than Novas, totally different power band and bottom torque.

Where is the problem in your opinion?
Hello Flygio, what I have experienced running Picco’s is that they have really god bearing in their engines and like most other companies.

Sometimes it is fuel or bad air filter not oiled up properly and dirt gets in the engines. That will cause a bearing to go bad in a hurry or if you run your engines to lean a lot, no matter if its 1 quart or 1 gallon, not properly maintained will cause this to happen.

I personally have not had a bearing go bad ever before 3 gallon of fuel. And when I have had a bearing go bad it is because I push the power out of the engine for a major race and it was lean and hot all weekend. I have seen bearing go bad in other engine companies’ before right out of the box after a gallon, but not PICCO or Nova. I am definitely not saying you did not get a bad bearing because I am sure that does happen.

I say look at your crank and see if there is wear marks around the crank throat or take a picture and post it here. If there is wear marks that are because the filter is dirty and or not properly oil to keep the dirt out of the engine and that is what will make a bearing go bad.

What Fuel do you run and have you run that fuel before the problem accrued? I will not get into fuels saying what bad or good because I would not want to be disrespectful to those companies just asking. I run KOSMIC and been extremely pleased with the engines insides after a race.

Hope this help

www.acornracingusa.com
Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Lord

The trend over here is to add extra oil to the commercial fuel. More and more drivers (even top level) are doing this and it is even an advice from some Picco drivers.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
The trend over here is to add extra oil to the commercial fuel. More and more drivers (even top level) are doing this and it is even an advice from some Picco drivers.

how much?lets say 13%?what type of oil?can i use oil for 2-stroke karts?
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello Flygio, what I have experienced running Picco’s is that they have really god bearing in their engines and like most other companies.

Sometimes it is fuel or bad air filter not oiled up properly and dirt gets in the engines. That will cause a bearing to go bad in a hurry or if you run your engines to lean a lot, no matter if its 1 quart or 1 gallon, not properly maintained will cause this to happen.

I personally have not had a bearing go bad ever before 3 gallon of fuel. And when I have had a bearing go bad it is because I push the power out of the engine for a major race and it was lean and hot all weekend. I have seen bearing go bad in other engine companies’ before right out of the box after a gallon, but not PICCO or Nova. I am definitely not saying you did not get a bad bearing because I am sure that does happen.

I say look at your crank and see if there is wear marks around the crank throat or take a picture and post it here. If there is wear marks that are because the filter is dirty and or not properly oil to keep the dirt out of the engine and that is what will make a bearing go bad.

What Fuel do you run and have you run that fuel before the problem accrued? I will not get into fuels saying what bad or good because I would not want to be disrespectful to those companies just asking. I run KOSMIC and been extremely pleased with the engines insides after a race.

Hope this help

www.acornracingusa.com
Thank you very much for the reply.
I wrote the post because I never had such problems in years and now, all of a sudden, my bearings start to fail...
I make my own fuel, but it's the same I used in Novas (with no probs at all...), so I think the problem is not there...
Some friends of mine are having the same thing with their EVO4s and regular market fuels...
I noticed the engine block changed from Evo4 to Torque. Any clue why? Do you think switching the block would solve?
I really love the engine, but I can't stand to change the bearings on saturday night before the mains

What is the percentage of oil you suggest to get the right balance between reliability and performance? Piccos have a crank timing with an extremely early opening..... I think very oily fuel and those crank shafts don't mix very much...
Thanks
Giorgio
Old 11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
how much?lets say 13%?what type of oil?can i use oil for 2-stroke karts?
I have heard that a total amount of 15% oil is needed to run it in for the best results and lifespan and I believe they add 1 or 2% castor for normal running depending which fuel. I have seen them with normal medicinal castor oil but my idea would be a racing castor oil.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Well, to say the truth, I'm a lot under 15%.....
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

usually in high temp and humidity we have had 50 mil of klotz caster. Keep in mind some times to much oil and the engine will not clear out and run strong. So be careful adding extra oil. I have had bearings last 7 or 8 gal before I have changed them out and rebuilt the engine..But if I really like the engine I will change the rear bearing after 3 or 4 gallons just to be safe.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Flygio
Well, to say the truth, I'm a lot under 15%.....
From 2 drivers I know they were facing a short life after running in. One of them did come to me for a pinch of some of his engines but finally after a tip from somewhere (I think from Picco) they started using a lot of oil for running in and no issues since then. It seems the very tight fit at the 1st tank is damaging the surface of the piston when running not much lubrication.

I know current commercial fuels do contain 7% up to 9% of oils which do give a maximum of performance and run time on 1 tank but sadly with current rpm's it is killing the engine slowly.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YLLIB
usually in high temp and humidity we have had 50 mil of klotz caster. .
Just confirming, is this the right stuff?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXS627&P=8
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by implusepro
Just confirming, is this the right stuff?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXS627&P=8
Yes, depending on were you live go to WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM they also carry that oil and the beacker to measure.

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS "NITRO" ON-ROAD RACERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.