R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #76
Tech Apprentice

Default con-rod

Yes, it works on the Torque engine
KevcoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dear Team KEVCO Racing / PICCO Engine family,

FIRST, I would like to thank everyone that was able to make the R.O.A.R. 2012 on Road Nationals in Florida. It was a fun event and did get a little stressful at times for everyone, but that's racing.

Congratulation to all the racers and the A main finalist.

Thank you for making this event and promoting KEVCO Racing / PICCO Racing Engines.

I hope all of you were happy with your results and if not that is o.k. because that means and says that you are a competitor and that is what I like to hear.
Those PICCO Engines were fast and I think everyone made fuel mileage which is a plus.

We are a TEAM and will work together to help each other meet our GOALS you set for your self in 2013..

If you have any questions or concerns please drop me a email if you like.

Thank you for your support and loyalty to KEVCO RACING / PICCO RACING ENGINES.

Billy Bowerman
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #78
Tech Master

For all you racers that were not able to make the R.O.A.R. Nationals, you missed out on meeting Mr. Edo Picco himself.

I personally would like to thank EDO for coming to the R.O.A.R. USA Nationals last weekend and his support to they entire KEVCO RACING / PICCO Racing Engine Team.. I am truly grateful for his support and hard work all week and hope he enjoyed his stay here in the USA.

Without EDO help a lot of us would not have done as well as we did.
Also like to thank Kevin for strongly supporting us and talking to EDO and have him come out for our support at this major race.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Billy Bowerman
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #79
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
For all you racers that were not able to make the R.O.A.R. Nationals, you missed out on meeting Mr. Edo Picco himself.

I personally would like to thank EDO for coming to the R.O.A.R. USA Nationals last weekend and his support to they entire KEVCO RACING / PICCO Racing Engine Team.. I am truly grateful for his support and hard work all week and hope he enjoyed his stay here in the USA.

Without EDO help a lot of us would not have done as well as we did.
Also like to thank Kevin for strongly supporting us and talking to EDO and have him come out for our support at this major race.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Billy Bowerman
+1

Edo did a great job and quite frankly don't know of many other owners that would take the time to travel to an event as he did to support us racers.

Also A special thanks to Kevin " Hey Mannnnnnnnnn "@ Kevco racing for all his help and support. You made this a great first nationals experience for Jr & I and I'm eternally greatful.
Looking forward to seeing many of you at future races.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Picco @ Nationals

Edo was an extremely nice guy and i have never seen anyone do a complete rebuild on a motor that fast....lol. The Picco motors definitely performed at the Nationals. I know Billy and myself were able to land a spot in the Finals with Picco motors. Run time was no issue and these motors had plenty of bottom, mid and top.

Thanks to Edo and Kevin for their support over the weekend. I am looking forward to running these motors in the future. Big thanks to Rino Lino for opening my eyes and letting me know how powerful these motors are.

- Anthony Schimizzi
Bodies by Paintin Pete
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #81
Tech Master

PICCO EDO Racing engines from KEVCO RACING in my NT1 XRAY Sedan, ready for the R.O.A.R. Nationals, kinda late picture, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Torque line by Picco-340987_430810323643583_1543578412_o.jpg  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #82
Tech Addict

Default picco torque .12 edo mod

what was some tips that you can pass on that you learn from Mr Edo i run the .12 edo mod in my velox would like some info
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #83
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
what was some tips that you can pass on that you learn from Mr Edo i run the .12 edo mod in my velox would like some info
One thing i did notice is when i thought there was too much play in the rod (Usually when it can wiggle the slightest) Edo say there was plenty of life left on it. He mentioned to change the rod every gallon-gallon and a half instead of based on a race weekend. Even though i ran the same motor all weekend, at the end of the finals he looked at the motor and said the rod was still fine, even though there was a little bit of play
Bodies by Paintin Pete
Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 AM   #84
Tech Initiate

Default .21 Torque sleeve stuck

I just finished break-in process for my Torque .21 and try to replace a new con-rod. I got a problem that sleeve is stuck in engine, I try zip-tie method, heating body, and spray a lot of wd40 without any success. Anybody experienced this and any tips?
emule2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emule2010 View Post
I just finished break-in process for my Torque .21 and try to replace a new con-rod. I got a problem that sleeve is stuck in engine, I try zip-tie method, heating body, and spray a lot of wd40 without any success. Anybody experienced this and any tips?
Hello emule2010, heating it up with a heat gun should do the trick. If you are using a hair dryer that will not work, you must use a heat gun. I have never experienced a sleeve stuck that bad before so this is just some info I can share. You should never put anything inside the motor case or you can damage the sleeve or piston, but since said that, what I have done and you can do after you heat the engine case is take a 3/16 round balsa wood stick about 3 in long and push up on the sleeve from the inside the case from the back area on the sleeve, make sure the piston is up where you not pushing on the piston and the sleeve should slide up. Do not use anything but balsa wood. it only has to move about 1/16 and then it is easier to get out. I have never used a tie strap trick.

www.acornracingusa.com
products for serious "nitro" on-road racers
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Quote:
I just do mine last night, i used heat gun and zip tie and the sleeve easily came out, the first picco torque that i have run for almost 4 gallons now and i never replace conrod is not a good practice its just im lazy to replace.......until now it has a lot of power...
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy69racer View Post
I just do mine last night, i used heat gun and zip tie and the sleeve easily came out, the first picco torque that i have run for almost 4 gallons now and i never replace conrod is not a good practice its just im lazy to replace.......until now it has a lot of power...
Be careful , i have seen motors get a little faster and faster until BOOM...that rod is gone and the motor is done . A simple $35 to keep that life of the motor is a great investment

- Anthony Schimizzi
Bodies by Paintin Pete
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esckalayd View Post
Be careful , i have seen motors get a little faster and faster until BOOM...that rod is gone and the motor is done . A simple $35 to keep that life of the motor is a great investment

- Anthony Schimizzi
im just to confident on picco, but you are 100% right Anthony...Now that Billy knows it, he gonna kick my ass for not replacing the rod..
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Default Thanks Edo and Kevco Racing

A little late, but after the nationals I had a lot of work waiting for me.

First of all would like to thank Edo for all the support he gave to all the racers at the nationals, he was working really hard to help EVERYBODY, something I havent seen before from any other brand. Kevin and Billy for all their support as well.

And last but no least would like to congratulate Billy and Anthony for their great perfomance making it into the finals.
Bodies by: www.era1FXcustoms.com
rinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Quote:
I had to heat it up with a heat gun temp was over 260 till it finally moved good luck the picco sleeve come very tight
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote