Originally Posted by reedy126
I just got the 2013 .12 picco wat would u guy recommend on how to do the break in
Follow these steps when breaking in your Picco
1. Before cranking engine, add a little oil to top of piston and to inside of carburetor. (Factory oil could
have settled to bottom of case).
2. Set clutch heavy (engages almost immediately when engine revved).
3. Using heat gun (especially cold weather), heat head right before cranking engine.
4. Always prime engine before every start (spin over on box letting fuel flow thru carburetor).
5. Run 1/2 tank very rich on bench to clear engine and remaining 1/2 at idle.
6. Put immediately on track and finish 1st bottle of fuel on the track at rich setting. Temp not important during this phase.
7. Do not allow two speed to shift to 2nd gear (engine should be too rich to do so anyway).
8. After completing 1st bottle let engine cool off. Remember to rotate piston to bottom of the sleeve, always, when finish running.
9. Re-set clutch back to normal.
10. Lean top end needle two hours before starting on the 2nd bottle of fuel.
11. Once back on track, make sure it’s lean enough that engine heats to 180-200F degrees.
12. Run this way until engine goes rich again. Lean enough to keep temperature above 180.
13. Repeat this process throughout the 2nd bottle.
14. As you continue to run this will happen occasionally throughout the 3rd bottle.