R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Fellas quick question, is there a fix for the leaky as hell front bearing on piccos? My EDO is leaking like crazy, bad enough that i took it out of my car until i can figure something out looks like a fuel gun misfire on the engine case after every run (even just 5min quals).....motor is older model but new! Everyone I've talked to so far at my local tracks experienced the same even with the new line!! Please help
Hello 1EVO RRR DRIVER, I have never heard of this, let me know whats going on. I have 8 total 2012 and 2013 engines and not one has leaked yet and I run my engines pretty hard but smart & safe. Please notify me with this issue. I will not know about these issues unless I am told. I have tore down a few engines in my area and it is not the engines that were the problem. I have had one bad bearing but that was after 3 gallons, crap I'm happy if it only cost 35.00 to change and have the engine good again.

Thank you Billy

Last edited by YLLIB; 04-09-2013 at 02:12 PM.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #212
Tech Master

Hello everybody, this thread is for KEVCO/PICCO Racing and customers to ask question, learn and help everyone understand the PICCO engine. This will allow us to help you if there are any problems, especially if there is a manufactures problem or bad batch of parts that either party might know about. PLEASE, you must notify us first before we can talk to the manufacture about any problems that are brought to our attention. If there is a problem please notify us directly first, we are not trying to hide anything on the internet, but in general it sounds like we are not doing anything about this bearing problem. You must also understand that most problems are fixable or taught if you want to learn. The knowledge at KEVCO/PICCO is highly qualified to help, so please take advantage of the help that KEVCO/PICCO offers you.

I do guarantee that KEVCO/PICCO Racing is the only company in the USA that helps their customers more with information and many times have helped their customers with engine parts than any other engine company in the USA, so please call and talk to us about any problems, KEVCO/PICCO Racing CARES about our customers.....

Thank you
Billy
Old 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #213
Tech Master

Quote:
Fellas quick question, is there a fix for the leaky as hell front bearing on piccos? My EDO is leaking like crazy, bad enough that i took it out of my car until i can figure something out looks like a fuel gun misfire on the engine case after every run (even just 5min quals).....motor is older model but new! Everyone I've talked to so far at my local tracks experienced the same even with the new line!! Please help

change it.
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #214
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Are you sure its the front bearing?? because me and a friend had the same problem and finally the problem was that the input needle seat aluminum washer didn't seal properly....we put some silicone and no more engine leaking...

Regrds
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #215
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Are you sure its the front bearing?? because me and a friend had the same problem and finally the problem was that the input needle seat aluminum washer didn't seal properly....we put some silicone and no more engine leaking...

Regrds
AFM
Ill try that!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #216
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got the 2013 .12 picco wat would u guy recommend on how to do the breakin
reedy126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #217
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedy126 View Post
I just got the 2013 .12 picco wat would u guy recommend on how to do the break in
Follow these steps when breaking in your Picco

KEVCO RACING

1. Before cranking engine, add a little oil to top of piston and to inside of carburetor. (Factory oil could
have settled to bottom of case).
2. Set clutch heavy (engages almost immediately when engine revved).
3. Using heat gun (especially cold weather), heat head right before cranking engine.
4. Always prime engine before every start (spin over on box letting fuel flow thru carburetor).
5. Run 1/2 tank very rich on bench to clear engine and remaining 1/2 at idle.
6. Put immediately on track and finish 1st bottle of fuel on the track at rich setting. Temp not important during this phase.
7. Do not allow two speed to shift to 2nd gear (engine should be too rich to do so anyway).
8. After completing 1st bottle let engine cool off. Remember to rotate piston to bottom of the sleeve, always, when finish running.

9. Re-set clutch back to normal.
10. Lean top end needle two hours before starting on the 2nd bottle of fuel.
11. Once back on track, make sure its lean enough that engine heats to 180-200F degrees.
12. Run this way until engine goes rich again. Lean enough to keep temperature above 180.
13. Repeat this process throughout the 2nd bottle.
14. As you continue to run this will happen occasionally throughout the 3rd bottle.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Follow these steps when breaking in your Picco

KEVCO RACING

1. Before cranking engine, add a little oil to top of piston and to inside of carburetor. (Factory oil could
have settled to bottom of case).
2. Set clutch heavy (engages almost immediately when engine revved).
3. Using heat gun (especially cold weather), heat head right before cranking engine.
4. Always prime engine before every start (spin over on box letting fuel flow thru carburetor).
5. Run 1/2 tank very rich on bench to clear engine and remaining 1/2 at idle.
6. Put immediately on track and finish 1st bottle of fuel on the track at rich setting. Temp not important during this phase.
7. Do not allow two speed to shift to 2nd gear (engine should be too rich to do so anyway).
8. After completing 1st bottle let engine cool off. Remember to rotate piston to bottom of the sleeve, always, when finish running.

9. Re-set clutch back to normal.
10. Lean top end needle two hours before starting on the 2nd bottle of fuel.
11. Once back on track, make sure its lean enough that engine heats to 180-200F degrees.
12. Run this way until engine goes rich again. Lean enough to keep temperature above 180.
13. Repeat this process throughout the 2nd bottle.
14. As you continue to run this will happen occasionally throughout the 3rd bottle.
Thanks this info helps alot .....your the best....lol
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #219
Tech Master

Hello everyone, FYI, 7166 pipe only .12 in stock now @kevcoracing.com

Thank you
Billy
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

how does the Picco P9R Evo3 .21 compare performance wise to the newer 2013 edo mod x type torque .21?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #221
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
how does the Picco P9R Evo3 .21 compare performance wise to the newer 2013 edo mod x type torque .21?
Hello Low et, I have never ran a P9R but I will try to find out some info if I can. I know that the 2012 and 2013 PICCO engines have been very impressive and are really good engines. I strongly feel that these engines are the best they have ever been.

Thank you Billy
Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

any info you find out would be great!
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #223
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
The new Picco engines are faster, and more reliable than the P9R.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #224
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hay all

what engine is this part number pic 9014 and pic9045 thanks heaps

Running a Kyo MP9 TKI3 and An STRR EVO truck
rcmad2700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #225
Tech Apprentice

Default 9045

Part # 9045 is 2012 Edo Mod ,12 version
KevcoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote