Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
New REDS Racing M3T .12 Engine! >

New REDS Racing M3T .12 Engine!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

New REDS Racing M3T .12 Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
"KicKass Racing" Modified Reds M3T Wins on Debut @ Moorebank International Raceway

The Engine ran like clockwork all day taking out a comfortable win with a big turnout.
I ran the Nova pipe 2660 with the short manifold,this gives great top end and to good bottom making good power through to the top
Who here runs the reds pipe set and does anybody know how it compares to this nova pipe. (no speculators please).
This thread has gone a bit quiet here let's try to liven it up a little.

My second outing with this engine today went well with a second qualie position missed tq buy less than a second.
The race went well, in the lead for a while untill my soft tyres started going off, I had to settle for second behind the current NSW state champion,
Ran the reds pipe and the engine seemed to make a little more power definitely better on the bottom compared to the nova pipe. This engine is definitely a winner.
Any one else out there doing well with this engine feel free to share your stories.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Kosmic Race

This past weekend I was able to win the Kosmic Fuel Shootout in Blue Diamond, DE using my REDS M3T w/ 2669 pipe and reds #6 plug. Power was awesome and consistent through out the entire weekend along with fuel mileage. I was even able to extend my fuel window to 5:30 during the final Can't wait till my next race with this power house of a motor
Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

awesome job DC, I will be racing in a series race this Saturday. Nice to hear everything is doing well for you also. Talk to you next week I will give you call. Billy
Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
This past weekend I was able to win the Kosmic Fuel Shootout in Blue Diamond, DE using my REDS M3T w/ 2669 pipe and reds #6 plug. Power was awesome and consistent through out the entire weekend along with fuel mileage. I was even able to extend my fuel window to 5:30 during the final Can't wait till my next race with this power house of a motor
Cheeseburger????
Old 05-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I ran the kickass modified reds engine today and it's a great engine!
Explosive bottom and midrange!

Has anyone tried playing with head shims and raising the liner for more rpm??
Old 05-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well done for your second position Johnny fastest lap by .2 don't know what you are worried about. I can give you more top end at the expense of some bottom end, it's a trade off. Smoothen out your driving and you'll be quicker. Congrats to the other KicKass reds in the A final getting 4th and seventh. Not a bad effort considering 2 of these engines were run today for the first meeting, nothing like a good Lap'n tune.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well done for your second position Johnny fastest lap by .2 don't know what you are worried about. I can give you more top end at the expense of some bottom end, it's a trade off. Smoothen out your driving and you'll be quicker. Congrats to the other KicKass reds in the A final getting 4th and seventh. Not a bad effort considering 2 of these engines were run today for the first meeting, nothing like a good Lap'n tune.
Hey Alex, interested in weaving your magic on another Reds. We blew another Nova piston today. Same as last time bottom of the piston broke up.
Adrian
Old 05-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mazda614
Hey Alex, interested in weaving your magic on another Reds. We blew another Nova piston today. Same as last time bottom of the piston broke up.
Adrian
Will do, call me tomorrow!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Reds M3T-12s in stock now for those of you that have been waiting.
Check out the prices @

"WALTER RC HOBBY CITY"

www.walterrchobby.com.au
Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Temperature

Hi!
Can someone tell me at which temperature you run this engine? At which temperatures does the engine run best?
What needle settings do you have?

Thank you in advance!

BR
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tuning

Originally Posted by Italboy
Hi!
Can someone tell me at which temperature you run this engine? At which temperatures does the engine run best?
What needle settings do you have?

Thank you in advance!

BR
Hi
Anywhere up to 125 Deg C should have this engine cracking.
This may vary if you have the earlier 4 fin head or the later 5 fin head version.
Most engines that i have tuned here have a good starting point of 1.5 turns out for top needle and 3.5 turns out for bottom. once again this can vary due to many factors, only use these settings as a starting point if you get stuck.
The 4 fin head will also have different bottom settings due to different needle and slide size/design.
Cheers
Alex.K
Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hi
This may vary if you have the earlier 4 fin head or the later 5 fin head version.
Most engines that i have tuned here have a good starting point of 1.5 turns out for top needle and 3.5 turns out for bottom. once again this can vary due to many factors, only use these settings as a starting point if you get stuck.
The 4 fin head will also have different bottom settings due to different needle and slide size/design.
Cheers
Alex.K
Hi Alex
Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards
Rob
Old 06-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi
Cheers
Alex.K
Just one question. How can I find out the number of fin head? see pictures on top of the first page, that's mine.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Reds takes out First place at the inaugural Australian Racing Lines Winter Championships in the 200 mm tourer class. With 3 reds engins in the A final Kickass managed to use the awsome horse power to make up for deficient gearbox operation and slower than usual fuel stops powering through to snatch the win in the last lap taking the fastest lap
Of the race.
Well done to George K for 5th and Local gun Steve V for a 6th spot. Also Scotty and Darren for their efforts in the B final.

Oh for Italboy I counted the fins on your head, you have the first series engines with 4 fins( count from top to bottom , when you reach the polished alloy fins you stop counting because that is your button.
Cheers
Alex.K
Old 07-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

just started to run in one of these engines as well as the M7T. i have done so with many other engines, and notice the difference with the REDS. a very nice uniform and very even wear in mark around the pistons on both engines. other engines i have seen slightly larger wear mark on opposite sides of the pistons. this tells me that the REDS piston to sleeve match is extremely good. cant wait for AU Nats to run these engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.