Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Compression in Novarossi 353 09 Tuned After Break In >

Compression in Novarossi 353 09 Tuned After Break In

Compression in Novarossi 353 09 Tuned After Break In

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Compression in Novarossi 353 09 Tuned After Break In

Dear All,

Can Anybody let me know how the compression is in Novarossi 353 09 Tuned after break in?

I have run in 5 tanks only. When I took out the plug, I had found that the pinch just left a bit only. I could turn the flywheel by hand with a bit resistance only at top dead centre. But, when the plug was pushed back, the flywheel still couldn't be turned by hand.

Is any problem on my Nova? Is break in complete?

Thank you.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheong1982
Dear All,

Can Anybody let me know how the compression is in Novarossi 353 09 Tuned after break in?

I have run in 5 tanks only. When I took out the plug, I had found that the pinch just left a bit only. I could turn the flywheel by hand with a bit resistance only at top dead centre. But, when the plug was pushed back, the flywheel still couldn't be turned by hand.

Is any problem on my Nova? Is break in complete?

Thank you.
On any engine; with some heat in the engine and the plug out you should feel no metal to metal pinch if so the engine is not fully broke in. Once the plug is installed the engine should have a lot of compression. Sounds like you are really close. I would leave the engine just slightly rich to finish the break-in process on the track.

Pass you soon...