R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree3Likes

Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #91
Tech Initiate

beebone, am using the 2080 exhaust and OS manifold which matches the engine, the engine I use is the Max 21XZ-R, and is only one year old, (not run for the whole year), it appears from my problems is as mentioned that the rod and bearings are due for a change, both engines up till now have matched most engines in the UK, however the driver lets the engines down.
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #92
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
beebone, am using the 2080 exhaust and OS manifold which matches the engine, the engine I use is the Max 21XZ-R, and is only one year old, (not run for the whole year), it appears from my problems is as mentioned that the rod and bearings are due for a change, both engines up till now have matched most engines in the UK, however the driver lets the engines down.
shepherd, if you are telling us that you still on the same rod from run til now then yes i suggest to change that rod. the bearing should be fine depending on the fuel you are using. my version 1 xzr 21 is still running perfect and i have only changed the rod once after run in. but i did change the bearing from new to the speed ceramic bearing. that motor even has a badly scored piston, and it idlers perfect.
also to the other guys, try adjusting the mid point screw. OS motor even from these VZR line of engines you had to adjust that screw. but a warning do not go to far past the point it is set at.
XRAY X12,Muchmoore Fleta
Hudy, HEI international
bigredspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #93
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredspeed View Post
shepherd, if you are telling us that you still on the same rod from run til now then yes i suggest to change that rod. the bearing should be fine depending on the fuel you are using. my version 1 xzr 21 is still running perfect and i have only changed the rod once after run in. but i did change the bearing from new to the speed ceramic bearing. that motor even has a badly scored piston, and it idlers perfect.
also to the other guys, try adjusting the mid point screw. OS motor even from these VZR line of engines you had to adjust that screw. but a warning do not go to far past the point it is set at.
Bigredspeed, yes I know i should of change the rod before but as the engines were going so well, I couldn't be bother.
Thanks for the advice

Andy
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #94
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yes, I think so. I afraid to tune this mid needle, but I will make a mark on the original setting.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #95
Tech Rookie

Default OS .21 perfect exhaust...

Hy guys, i'm Andrea from Italy, irace with OS .21 from 2009 and this year i race in WC Miami Homestead...i use speed .21 from one mounth but for old engine i study and realize a very very great exhaust system after more test.
Here in Italy nobody us OS on 1/8 track but now more people ask me some engine.
I've try all best pipe system, Nova 2052, 2051, Picco 2033, but nothing like OS 2080....wich is the secret?.....
neweRRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #96
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to carletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by neweRRe View Post
Hy guys, i'm Andrea from Italy, irace with OS .21 from 2009 and this year i race in WC Miami Homestead...i use speed .21 from one mounth but for old engine i study and realize a very very great exhaust system after more test.
Here in Italy nobody us OS on 1/8 track but now more people ask me some engine.
I've try all best pipe system, Nova 2052, 2051, Picco 2033, but nothing like OS 2080....wich is the secret?.....
... a new pipe
carletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebone View Post
Yes, I think so. I afraid to tune this mid needle, but I will make a mark on the original setting.
Give it a go beebone, its nothing to be afraid off my friend, the factory setting is, a flush setting to the carb body, you can tune up to a full turn in but i have only ever needed to go not even a quarter turn, and doing this will give the engine more mid range speed, which then you can run a richer bottom end, once you have that part right, engine is awesome.
XRAY X12,Muchmoore Fleta
Hudy, HEI international
Old 07-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #98
Tech Regular

Quote:
Give it a go beebone, its nothing to be afraid off my friend, the factory setting is, a flush setting to the carb body, you can tune up to a full turn in but i have only ever needed to go not even a quarter turn, and doing this will give the engine more mid range speed, which then you can run a richer bottom end, once you have that part right, engine is awesome.
Good, time to learn something new then. thx!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #99
Tech Regular

Great to tune the mid needle, everything fine now.
I feel like tuning the mid needle, the HSN is not necessory to lean it too hard, the engine is always on power :lol
Old 07-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #100
Tech Fanatic

Good to gear it worked well for you. Enjoy lol
XRAY X12,Muchmoore Fleta
Hudy, HEI international
Old 07-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Great to tune the mid needle, everything fine now.
I feel like tuning the mid needle, the HSN is not necessory to lean it too hard, the engine is always on power :lol
beebone, how does this motor compare to your Novarossi PT? How does it compare on the bottom end and top end to your Nova?

Are you still making run time?

Have you compared other pipes?

Thanks.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
beebone, how does this motor compare to your Novarossi PT? How does it compare on the bottom end and top end to your Nova?

Thanks.
Nova, come out to the track next week you will see it first hand! ours is race tuning ready...
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2111 View Post
Nova, come out to the track next week you will see it first hand! ours is race tuning ready...
Looking forward to this Tommy, as i will be only just running mine in. cant wait to see it.

Did you get the Rods mate?
XRAY X12,Muchmoore Fleta
Hudy, HEI international
Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #104
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post

Thanks.
I run with PT in my home track around 18.3 sec average, the XZ-R can run 18.6 sec. But it can run 5:10 to 5:30 / tank. PT can only run 5:00 in safe condition.
Both top end about the same, only OS got the weaker low end even I tune the mid needle. Both use 2015 Nova pipe with 6 fins manifold.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
I run with PT in my home track around 18.3 sec average, the XZ-R can run 18.6 sec. But it can run 5:10 to 5:30 / tank. PT can only run 5:00 in safe condition.
Both top end about the same, only OS got the weaker low end even I tune the mid needle. Both use 2015 Nova pipe with 6 fins manifold.
intresting to see how much quicker ceramic rear bearing and 2080 pipe will make??

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote