Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

O.S. SPEED Tuned 21XZ-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so has anyone got anymore feed back on the Speed motor??? how was the run in? easy or hard? any problems anyone has come across?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, i'd like to know what others think about this engine as well since it was like sold out everywhere after being release within 2 days.

Although i've seen this engine on our tracks here, what i gather is that the engine is respectable in it's price range. Definitely not super ballistic ridiculous fast like the other 1k engines...

However, i believe i found another engine that compares with affordability to this engine which is the Picco Torque Edo Modified. Anyone compared these 2 engines yet?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

os will run a relatively lower parts cost tham torque, eg, conrod
Old 07-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
I use Lucky 7 Carb Sealant on all my carbs
what time of run-time are you getting per tank, and are you using 16% or 25% , thanks

tommy
Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
what time of run-time are you getting per tank, and are you using 16% or 25% , thanks

tommy
Still a few more weeks before I break it in (need to build he car first)
Old 07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by X4
Yeah, i'd like to know what others think about this engine as well since it was like sold out everywhere after being release within 2 days.

Although i've seen this engine on our tracks here, what i gather is that the engine is respectable in it's price range. Definitely not super ballistic ridiculous fast like the other 1k
My intentions was this engine out of the box was never going to be as quick as your super ballistic Nova's.

But for only $390, add a ceramic bearing and maybe a touch up here and there, and it will be.... Hara and Shimo qualified 2nd and 4th at the WC with it, so he potential is obviously here.

Cost of spare parts was also a deciding factor.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

FYI

Exploded engine diagram now online:

http://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/.../pdf/13880.pdf
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Who has these engines in stock?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Who has these engines in stock?
I have some in stock

There is the odd one or two on ebay. Pro Shop said OS won't have any until late July.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Unstable idle

Anyone experienced the unstable idle, even pinch test the LSN and idle are good, but the actual idle cant stand for few second.

I'm using RP7 plug, shd 6 better to stable to idle?
Old 07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, have the same problem, I'm having to replace the rod and main bearing as mine is due for it, how old is the engine ?, there were issues with the engines when they first came out, check back on this post.

Andy
Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shepherd
there were issues with the engines when they first came out, check back on this post.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Are you referring to the non "Speed" version, as this version "Speed" engine has only been out for a few weeks now???

What happens when you try to raise the idle?

Thanks,
Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beebone
Anyone experienced the unstable idle, even pinch test the LSN and idle are good, but the actual idle cant stand for few second.

I'm using RP7 plug, shd 6 better to stable to idle?
Beebone, i noticed the same thing with my Ver2 XZR, unstable idle whilst on the track whist running in, the only thing that i done was reset my idle stop screw with the Venturi out and reset my throttle trim on the controller,i did this because the linkage was not returning to the close position fully. all it needs is that little bit to be open and then it is unstable, and then towards the end of the day the car was coming into pit lane on medium to high rpm and then drop down to a nice idle.

will be running in the SPEED in the next few weeks, so i will keep you posted on that how that goes, i also will be trying the odonnell 99T plug.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Shepherd
Hi, have the same problem, I'm having to replace the rod and main bearing as mine is due for it, how old is the engine ?, there were issues with the engines when they first came out, check back on this post.

Andy
Its new, just change the con rod. This symptom was found when it's new.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Beebone, i noticed the same thing with my Ver2 XZR, unstable idle whilst on the track whist running in, the only thing that i done was reset my idle stop screw with the Venturi out and reset my throttle trim on the controller,i did this because the linkage was not returning to the close position fully. all it needs is that little bit to be open and then it is unstable, and then towards the end of the day the car was coming into pit lane on medium to high rpm and then drop down to a nice idle.

will be running in the SPEED in the next few weeks, so i will keep you posted on that how that goes, i also will be trying the odonnell 99T plug.
Tried already. I suspect the exhaust doesn't match the engine, I'm using Nova 2015 exhaust. Nothing relate to the idle gap. This happen only WOT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.