R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #31
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
my friend helped me to buy it from HK, it is very nice price. but i didn't buy with a pipe. i will use my 2018 of max instead. the os 2080 pipe is too expensive to have.
I hope you and everyone else on this thread can leave some
feedback on what tuned pipes they have tried running on this
engine.
If I ever get one for myself, I am going to see how well a Werks 2058
pipe does on it.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #32
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,222
Default

will definitely do
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #33
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.v. View Post
Need to do some modifies in order to install on the RX8, hope xray will release a option engine mount later
Just bore out the holes on engine a bit, I did mine yesterday, just measure the distance between 2 holes around 37.8mm.
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic
 
bigredspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I used a 3.5mm drill bit on my 1st version OS 21XZ-R and it fits perfect now
__________________
Tornado Racing Fuel and Product
Sanwa
XRAY RX8,ZAC OS SPEED XZR
XRAY X12,Muchmoore Fleta
Hudy, HEI international
bigredspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #35
X4
Tech Fanatic
 
X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
I hope you and everyone else on this thread can leave some
feedback on what tuned pipes they have tried running on this
engine.
If I ever get one for myself, I am going to see how well a Werks 2058
pipe does on it.
3 of us ran the engine last Friday. I was using a Nova 2015 with a medium manifold, 1 had the OS T-2080 pipe set and the other had an old ninja pipe.

The guy running the OS T2080 pipe had the best performance of the 3, but not much of a difference to the Nova 2015 (top speed and torque). The guy running ninja pipe was weakest on the straights, took more effort for the engine to spool up.

In terms of fuel consumption, all 3 had almost identical run times.

My engine was running around 90-95 degrees. I'll try leaning the engine slightly the next time i run before i give the final result on this engine, but i have to admit, so far, for the price of this engine - ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT!
X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #36
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4 View Post
3 of us ran the engine last Friday. I was using a Nova 2015 with a medium manifold, 1 had the OS T-2080 pipe set and the other had an old ninja pipe.

The guy running the OS T2080 pipe had the best performance of the 3, but not much of a difference to the Nova 2015 (top speed and torque). The guy running ninja pipe was weakest on the straights, took more effort for the engine to spool up.

In terms of fuel consumption, all 3 had almost identical run times.

My engine was running around 90-95 degrees. I'll try leaning the engine slightly the next time i run before i give the final result on this engine, but i have to admit, so far, for the price of this engine - ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT!
how much is that price?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #37
Tech Regular
 
firecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: eastern,ct
Posts: 478
Default

cant find the speed version anywhere even rcchamp as posted earlier unless wrong web address
__________________
team scream racing/ts racing/kyosho mp9 tki3/ xray xb2 xb4/Wolcott hobbies and airsoft/rc madness
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:27 AM   #38
Tech Adept
 
ugglasdav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 166
Default

RC model at the moment have both versions of the new engine http://www.rcmodel.com.hk/
__________________
>Shepherd Velox V8/Team associated TC5R
>>IDM 2011/ Speed passion/Much More
>>>Sanwa m11x
ugglasdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #39
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4 View Post
3 of us ran the engine last Friday. I was using a Nova 2015 with a medium manifold, 1 had the OS T-2080 pipe set and the other had an old ninja pipe.

The guy running the OS T2080 pipe had the best performance of the 3, but not much of a difference to the Nova 2015 (top speed and torque). The guy running ninja pipe was weakest on the straights, took more effort for the engine to spool up.

In terms of fuel consumption, all 3 had almost identical run times.

My engine was running around 90-95 degrees. I'll try leaning the engine slightly the next time i run before i give the final result on this engine, but i have to admit, so far, for the price of this engine - ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Yes, I tried couple of tune, I found the engine extremely cold, around 85-90 something degrees, the hottest tune is 103 degree with a bit lean bog on low end.
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #40
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43
Default

Whatīs the difference between the Version II and the first XZ-R .

Is the tuned Version much more faster than the Version II .
Is the difference of speed worth to pay more .
Who knows if the Version II got the same power curve as the first XZ-R .
The first XZ-R was a beast . Is the Version II smoother than the XZ-R
Who can tell me something about this facts ?



Thanx
Blessed Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #41
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am also interested about this, too.

I can only find the OS .21 XZ-R:

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....5bd3057d6db239

Who else sells the OS speed version?
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #42
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed Speed View Post
Whatīs the difference between the Version II and the first XZ-R .

Is the tuned Version much more faster than the Version II .
Is the difference of speed worth to pay more .
Who knows if the Version II got the same power curve as the first XZ-R .
The first XZ-R was a beast . Is the Version II smoother than the XZ-R
Who can tell me something about this facts ?



Thanx
This is my first OS, dunno about the OS XZ-R ver2.
The speed is acceptable when I compare with Flash21 PT, but dunno about the durability yet. At least my RX8 can swing the tail in tight corner when using the OS
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic
 
bigredspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys I have ver 1 and now I have ver 2 21XZR. I missed out on getting the speed XZR but when I pulled the motor down to have look I noticed it exact same internals as the ver . The only change is the heat sink and I noticed the crank case has different part number. I don't know why because they look identical inside and out. I am little bit upset by this because I could of just replaced the internal parts on the ver 1 And saved money instead of buying a whole new engine. Looking forward to getting the speed version when it is available again. I recommend changing the rear metal bearing to the speed ceramic bearing. engine spools up Smoother
__________________
Tornado Racing Fuel and Product
Sanwa
XRAY RX8,ZAC OS SPEED XZR
XRAY X12,Muchmoore Fleta
Hudy, HEI international
bigredspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #44
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredspeed View Post
Hi guys I have ver 1 and now I have ver 2 21XZR. I missed out on getting the speed XZR but when I pulled the motor down to have look I noticed it exact same internals as the ver . The only change is the heat sink and I noticed the crank case has different part number. I don't know why because they look identical inside and out. I am little bit upset by this because I could of just replaced the internal parts on the ver 1 And saved money instead of buying a whole new engine. Looking forward to getting the speed version when it is available again. I recommend changing the rear metal bearing to the speed ceramic bearing. engine spools up Smoother
Speed version doesn't come with ceramic
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #45
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43
Default

A friend of me got the Vers.1 and this engine is amazing . Very strong couple and good topspeed . comparable with 9port engines .
But for me, ports and lights are not so important .

I only want to know if the tuned one got other timings as the Vers.2 .
Because if its only tuned with flowcorrectors on the lights I mean the Vers.2 can be enough .

Grinding is not a science And ceramicbearings arnīt so hard to find .

I want to try this Vers.2.
Blessed Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net