R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Novarossi NSR12 Problems (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/48126-novarossi-nsr12-problems.html)

KiwiRacer 08-19-2004 06:52 AM

Novarossi NSR12 Problems

Hey guys/girls,

Well the problem is wierd! Engine has been run in and I have had about 4 liters of fuel through it...it ran great! Today after about 3 weeks of bad weather I went down to the track and fired her up again. Motor ran fine until about half tank and it started to stall at one particular part of the track without fail. Sounds like it is way to rich in top end...coming out of a long left sweeper onto a straight...and without fail it will flood/stall/die when I hammer it down the straight...

There was another guy with the same engine and exactly the same problem...his is now in Italy to get it sorted out....wonder if anyone have had similair problems with this engine....I am a bit gutted...:cry:

Any help or sugestions would be great!

InitialD 08-20-2004 01:17 AM

Re: Novarossi NSR12 Problems

Have you checked the pressure and fuel tubings itself and their connections for leakage?

GrandeGixxer 08-20-2004 01:46 AM

also sometimes it helps to kinda blip it half way through to keep a motor from loading up. i was having the same problem last weekend. i was trying to stay half throttle through the sweeper and it would load up and dog down the straight. but if i blipped it a couple times through and then gunned it, it was good to go.

maybe if that doesnt help, try leaning the bottom about 30 minutes.

i am a big believer of ryan calvieris way of just learning how to drive the damn car. but i know you have to have a motor that is making good power.

mxwrench 08-20-2004 02:19 AM

Try fresh fuel.
BK

Team-RTR 08-20-2004 07:21 AM

has your motor still got comp? my NSR5 is starting to wear out and it is doing exactly what you say, i find that once the motor gets to race temp the motor will stall, no matter where you are in the rev range. the tuning also becomes slightly erratic

KiwiRacer 08-20-2004 09:17 AM

Thanks for the sugestions guys,

A few things I have done, I made a point to blip the motor berfore entering the sweeper...our sweeper is know for that, meaning you must blip a couple of times before you enter.

The second thing I did was alter the fuel presure line...it was quite short to start with so I thought that was the problem and lengthened it considerably.

The compresion of the motor is sweet :nod:

A number of things I did notice today after close inspection was the following. The front ruber seal on the bearing does not look healty :weird: secondly I found that after I took the head off there was no shims or anything under the turbo plug (is that normal?) and lastly when I put the carb back I saw that it does not go right down...meaing the botton O-ring in the block is "blocking" the carb from going right down and thus the top o-ring is not sitting right against the block at the top....my theory...engine is cold and it seals ok but engine gets hot, it expands and thus starts to leak....does that sound right?

So took the bottom O-ring out to see what its problem was, not sure if I was suppose to do that because I can't get it back in :flaming:

SOOO to cut a long story short once I get it back I will try fresh fuel and see what happens.

Thanks for the help so far guys much appreciated.

CTurbo 08-20-2004 10:31 AM

The Turbo plug doesn't use washers. Any leak will make this engine hard to tune. Concentrate on the elimination of all leaks.

KiwiRacer 08-22-2004 04:23 AM

:D Problem solved...I replaced the bottom o-ring on the carb, re-tuned it and now she is screaming again :lol:

Thanks heaps for the help and support guys!