Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
cen tec tc5 issues a lil help??? :( plzzz >

cen tec tc5 issues a lil help??? :( plzzz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cen tec tc5 issues a lil help??? :( plzzz

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation cen tec tc5 issues a lil help??? :( plzzz

hey guys i just reccentaly signed up 2 r/c tech forums you guys are awsome the knowdgle an skills u guys all have are cool but i need some help...
i have a cen racing ct5 its in great shape motor runs fine but when i drive the car goes less than 30ft it losses siginal with the radio im not sure what it is i dont have the original antenna for the remote its a skyion dx-pro its has the bottom peice of the original antena and leads off to a sepreate antenna , i put in anothor antenna an it still didnt help the problem. can any body help you guys are great thx for reading... sorry for the misspelled words !!!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

If you're using one of the AM or FM radios, its important to use the correct crystals and not change the length of the radio or receiver wires, they are "tuned" to work correctly like that.
I would ditch the RTR radios - nothing but problems IMO.
If you want a radio that isnt fancy but has absolutely no problems, I would get the Tactic TTX240 radio system.
Its a 2.4GHz system, and the receiver doesnt have an antenna like most/all others do. I have it, not one single problem and I get nearly too much range - I can barely see it down the road and I still have full control.
All that for less than $100.