Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
if money was no object which engine would you buy? >

if money was no object which engine would you buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

if money was no object which engine would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jrabbito
The engines should easily last a season. That being said people in North America generally do not maintain the engines properly.
John
Wow...pretty much sterotyping a North American? Can you tell me some more things that I might generally do or not do?
Old 08-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

quote:
The engines should easily last a season. That being said people in North America generally do not maintain the engines properly.
John

Wow...pretty much sterotyping a North American? Can you tell me some more things that I might generally do or not do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sterotyping. The fast guys here do just as much as anyone. They know whats going on. I am talking about the average person. I am from North America also so I would not put myself down....

That being said just take a look at your local track. Very few people perform regular maintanace on their motors. The faster these motors get, the more RPM they turn, the more you have to maintain it properly.

How often do even you change your conrod, o-rings, re-seal the motor, check bearings, and crank tolerance? They do this after every majoe event in Europe. Do you NEED to do this? No. But if you want to keep the performance, and reliability high than yes.

So many people go over their car with a fine tooth comb (Litterally
) but they neglect their motor.

Thats all I am saying. Its my opinion and take it as such. I could very well be wrong...but judging by the amount of motors/parts that the local hobby shops sell, I seriously doubt it.

John
Old 08-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Venom,

what country are you located in?

Cheers,

john
australia.

i'm leaning towards the top of the line jp now. i just read that the novamax have not enough punch. i did drive a novamax and it was no were as quick as my nsr (the nsr was modded, but still, i expected more from the max)
Old 08-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Venom, have you considered giving the new Mugen ago? Some people say it's better than the JP FX and is cheaper too....
Old 08-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dexter
Venom, have you considered giving the new Mugen ago? Some people say it's better than the JP FX and is cheaper too....
yeah, i heard it is a copy of the IDM. i might consider it. thanks.

do you know were i can get them online? i also want to get the mugen pipe.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

I really don't know, some people pn here already have it so i'm sure they could help you. The only place i know that might have it where you would get a good price is from Harmony in HK. Hope this helps
Old 08-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default Engine to go for

Hi,

I have a modified Sirio evo 2.
It's done bij Collari.
Check: http://werksracing.com/product.do?sku=WRXS12TUPPRO

A friend of my is having a Murman tuned Sirio.
Check: http://murnanmodified.360k.com

My engine absolutly rips!
I have even more power then some factory drivers.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

thomas.. you want the fastest engines money can buy? speak to christian ternel next time you are at SORMCC and ask him about a M-speed motor.. his OS CV-R M-Speed modified absolutely obliterated a JP RS12S3 up the line, and M-Speed basically modify every motor under the sun, so gor for something like a M-Speed Novamax (i think they do exist) or a M-speed NSR, but make sure you ask about the "full tune" motors, they include M-Speeds own special "M" porting.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: if money was no object which engine would you buy?

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
if money wasn't an issue and you wanted to buy the best motor from JP, novarossi, novamax, serpent, rb, IDM, sts etc which would you buy?

i am currently looking at buying the new novaMAX p3 with a mugen seiki pipe, is this the quickest motor on the market?
I'd buy some "bags of skill" Mr VWO!