Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS .15 CR Specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Default OS .15 CR Specs

Hey I got one of these things comming to race in the 1/10th Open class (only class xcept 8th scale @ RAMS)

Could someone give me some specs and anything I should know about this motor. Most of the guys are running shit like Mugens new .12 but all I got is an AE .15 and this OS so I gotta make the car go with what I got

Thanks -Kat
Old 07-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

be prepared to get lapped MANY times over, My guess by the question you posted is that you are new to at least Nitro and maybe even large competitions.

A good legal stock .12 will have more horsepower than your OS. The NSR12S3 has 1.54bhp. Up to you though but you would be better off in a stock class. By the time you pay entry fee's, tires etc you could buy a new O.S. TR Type R spec (new) and its supposed to be fairly good and legal to run in stock classes.

John
Old 07-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jrabbito
be prepared to get lapped MANY times over, My guess by the question you posted is that you are new to at least Nitro and maybe even large competitions.

A good legal stock .12 will have more horsepower than your OS. The NSR12S3 has 1.54bhp. Up to you though but you would be better off in a stock class. By the time you pay entry fee's, tires etc you could buy a new O.S. TR Type R spec (new) and its supposed to be fairly good and legal to run in stock classes.

John
Yeah I am....

There are no sport classes, just 1/10th open. Sedans are limited to a .12 but I can probably get by with a .15.

I'm looking at getting a good .12 anyway

Thanks for the help, Kat
Old 07-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

stick to sedan and .12. Get an OS to start with as they are fairly inexpensive and easy to tune. If you are going to ROAR sanctioned events just remember to get a 3 port as a 5 port will be illegal. Turbo is legal now.

I would wait for the OS TR R spec. here is the link.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGPF1&P=ML

Good luck and be patient.

John
Old 07-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

I need something in a little lower price range...Maybe the $100-$150.

What kinda of Horsepower range should I look for? I'll be racing against some of the new Mugen-Nova MT12's
Old 07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

email me at

[email protected]

I have a solution.

John