Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
V1RRR Spur and Pinons on V1RR??? FW05T 0.8m?? >

V1RRR Spur and Pinons on V1RR??? FW05T 0.8m??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V1RRR Spur and Pinons on V1RR??? FW05T 0.8m??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default V1RRR Spur and Pinons on V1RR??? FW05T 0.8m??

Hi, been looking for spur gears for my V1RR and whilst there are a few available the prices can vary from cheap old stock sellouts to new stock new price ones and all the genuine article.

On the other hand the V1RRR has a lot of different makers of the spur gears with different types such as the derilin or whatever it is ones.
I have seen some under $3 on some sites, so it got me thinking could i convert it over.

The spur gears, and hub look the same with same looking mounting holes for the oneway, but i beleive the V1RRR uses a different finer pitch of 0.8m.

So can i switch pinons to the 0.8m type and run the V1RRR spur gears on my V1RR?

Also what does 0.8m mean, how is the pitch measured?

A friend has a FW05T that has a finer pitch, would that be the same 0.8m thing?

How many Different Pitches are used on the main Nitro On -road cars, is it the just the standard no name picth and then the maybe newer 0.8m stuff?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers~
Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Well, Im not sure what other manufacturers make, but the 3R uses 0.8m which is a finer pitch than the 2R - more teeth per unit of length if that makes any sense. I don't see why you cant use the RRR clutch unit that holds the pinions, or just use the pinions from the RRR on your clutchbell, but you should make sure the spurs and pinions will be able to fit onto your car.
So far Ive only been using the Kyosho gears, but recently I bought myself some 3Racing spurs, and the comparing the two brands here is what I found:

56t:
Kyosho - 18-19g
3Racing - 10-11g

61t:
Kyosho - 6-7g
3Racing - 5g

So they are fairly light, but I don't know how durable they actually are!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies, i think i will give it a try and post back.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Lightbulb

I have mostly older "K" cars, have never owned a 3r... but at one time charted this all down.

The rrEvo was the first to come with the 08 gears, you can convert an r or rr to these. The fw-05 came out about the same time and also used the same pitch.... but the pinions are a lot bigger... "I think" ... seem to remember the clutch bell being the same... but the 2nd pinion on the rr is the same as 1st on the FW.

The 3r uses a different clutch bell with an even smaller 1st pinion... but I'm pretty sure 2nd is the same as 1st on the rrEvo. You can't use the 3r clutch setup on the older models. The pinions are to small... to far away... never get them to mesh with the spurs.

PS, you might want to ask this thread be moved to the proper place.