Community
Wiki Posts
Search

blowen motor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default blowen motor?

so i was cleaning off my rs4 yesterday and upon putting my piston back into the motor i dropped it. so i dont want to chance it and ruin the whole block. now ive searched all over the internet and cant seem to find the piston sleeve set for the .15 that came with the car. its the motor with the slide carb, only has the idle adjustment and i think the high speed adjustment, and its got a purple head. still pullstart. i tried to put the piston sleeve from my .15 out of my rc10gt, it doesnt fit, its smaller for some reason. what are my options here
Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If all you did was drop it, clean it off and put it back together.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I would put it back together. The most important part of the engine is the piston and sleeve. You can't replace just the piston without the sleeve.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

well yea i know that but heres the thing, i put it back in the sleeve and then piston was alot stiffer of a fit, it has on the very top edge a small nick thats why i need to replace it
Old 10-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gt fast
well yea i know that but heres the thing, i put it back in the sleeve and then piston was alot stiffer of a fit, it has on the very top edge a small nick thats why i need to replace it
If it's only right at the top of the piston, don't worry about it if it is small. Ive filed to edge of a piston because of a few small nicks and it ran perfectly after that. Only if there was a scratch going down the whole side of the piston, then you would replace the whole thing as it wouldn't hold the pressure.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea i actually used a fine sandpaper and it ran, actually sounded a little better so who knows. thanks for the help