Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Novarossi plus .12 3sct vs RB Touring 10 RC >

Novarossi plus .12 3sct vs RB Touring 10 RC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi plus .12 3sct vs RB Touring 10 RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdesoto
The Nova Flash is the HIGHEST quality .12 engine Nova makes. No exceptions! It has the latest crank (11.9mm), bearings... Don't be fooled by marketing hype from others.
Don't be fooled by marketing hype?. And then you start about the latest crank and such?.
You might want to take a look at the crank a Capricorn engine uses, it's pretty different compared to a Flash crank.

Everything I stated is from personal experiences, also the things I stated about the RB engines is something shared by many others.

First time I ran my lab E-01 WC during saturday practice at a round of our nationals every driver was amazed about the ridiculous speed this engine had.
This includes guy's running factory engines and A-class (non-retail) Nova Flash engines, used of competing at EC level.

Also when reading through your sig (Novarossi America) I don't think you have an entirely clear view on this.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

http://www.rcmodelstore.com/catalog/...oducts_id=6510

For the price the flash is hard to beat, however the quality of the RB and the ease of tuning justifies the price difference if you ask me. After 17 liter's my RB R3 RC is still fast, not fast enough for high end competition though, but it still idles perfectly, makes a good practice and rain-engine. For me this was the first engine which lasted more as 10 liter's in high competition use.

However if you want the fastest I recommend you to take a look at the Capricorn LAB E01 WC, mine makes flash engines (or any other engine) run home crying.
If I may add to this, I have been running 2 engines for the past 3 years ,made 2 out of 2 main a national finals, won alot of club meetings, posted alot of fastest laps of the day including last Sunday, achieved many TQs, and its pretty rare that I dont get told that i have the quickest motor at the track.
- Yea its true that ive put about 30 littres through my motors mainly one of them.
- Yea its also true that it has had a new piston liner and a set of bearings and a few rods
- Yea it is also true my engines are slightly altered from their stock configuration in a KicKass Racing kind of way
- And it is also true that I lap my engines in 100% allowing maximum polish of bore doubling the compression seal expectancy.
- And it is also true that due to lapping I use just 1 tank thats right 1 tank to run in and race tune my engines for maximum performance.

What engines am I talking about ??????

RB R3 rc - But saying that these engines come with nova cranks, nova piston liners and nova rods.

Moral of the story
- You cant go wrong with any Novarossi based engine.
- and newest is not always better/ faster, I look it as a marketing ploy by companies to provide latest evolution engines yes with different specifications to give people choices.

- Remember its not what you have but what you do with it.

Happy racing

Last edited by kickass; 10-19-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Yea it is also true my engines are slightly altered from their stock configuration in a KicKass Racing kind of way
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kickass
....Moral of the story
- You cant go wrong with any Novarossi based engine.
Remember its not what you have but what you do with it.
That is the most truest thing I have EVER heard!!!
There is absolutely no flaw in that, basically the true definition of PERFECT.
But, a fast car also comes down to setup and how well it is maintained.
A fast motor comes down to how you drive it and how good you look after it