Search

RB V12 3 Port Roar Legal

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default RB V12 3 Port Roar Legal

Anyone have any tuning tips or complaints about this engine? I'm thinking of getting one and just want to make sure there aren't any major problems with them. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have the RB C12 which means we probably have the same engine but yours will have more aggressive porting and make a bit more power.

It was set a little rich from the factory which was great for break-in. Once that passed, I tuned it for racing and it's absolutely amazing.

Tuning it isn't any harder than any other high performance engine and the RB website has finally been updated with a bunch of info to help out if you get in trouble.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

I love mine, it a real screemer. It wasn't any harder to tune than any other high performance racing engine. It pulls every other motor at my track, even the new nova rossi turbo. I have no complaints, amd it keeps getting better!
Old 06-30-2004, 04:33 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks guys. It's been a while since I've run gas. The last engine I bought was an RB X12, when they were pretty new.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have two RB x-12's I use in off road. I like them very much. I just got a V12 also for off-road. This isn't going to make any sense, because they are very similar, but I am quite disappointed with the engine. Lacks top end. I have not tried it in my onroad car, but I have been very fast with the novarossi NS12S3A1. This engine is not much more money than the RB.