R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-25-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Rb Ws7-ii

Got a few quick questions could use a hand....
I just bought a WS7-II for my buggy.My LHS owner broke it in on a Hudy bench with 20% Monster HP fuel with an RB #6 plug.Everything was fine.Then I put it in my car, ran for a bit very rich until the plug(very first one, also used for bench breakin) died.Then I started having problems running, to which I eventually determined that well..Im an I.D.I.O.T!!! ...
All jokes aside...I had not used enough oil on my air filter and a lot of dirt got inside the carb.I pulled the carb and head off and cleaned everything up.With the head off and no plug on, I can spin the flywheel freely with no gritty feeling at all, so I don't think any dirt got into the engine.Also, the P/S and the crank are not scarred.Ive put everything back together and plan to try and start it up tomorrow, see how things go...my Q's are
1) What is a basic post break in starting point for the needles.
2) Should I run with or w/o the 8mm carb restrictor.
3) Another employee who runs an S7 suggested I up to 30% as the RB engines are shimmed for this....should I stick with the break in fuel(20%) or up to 30% and if I should go up, which plug?
Any suggestions are appreciated...thx ...
and YES, I will clean and re-lube my air filter....with extra oil
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote