Wiki Posts
Search

MEGA (by Picco) thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MEGA (by Picco) thread

Can't believe there is no dedicated thread for high profile new engine. Let's start one.

Anyone got ZX12 RACE already? Those who got ZX21 RACE said the performance is very impressived. How about ZX12 RACE?
Old 12-28-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

I have only heard about the 21's so far. A few down here in Fl. have been testing with them . And so far they Are saying very good things about the motor .
Old 12-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default ZX12 RACE

I have been seeing Brandon Mcnally(Factory Team Serpent driver) running his out here in club races and all I can say is the motors are Crazy fast and are very efficent.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: ZX12 RACE

Originally posted by TexasRacer
I have been seeing Brandon Mcnally(Factory Team Serpent driver) running his out here in club races and all I can say is the motors are Crazy fast and are very efficent.
Efficient... means cost/performance very good? or power/runtime very good?

I'm very interesting to see how the intake manifold be placed inside the ZX21. Anyone got a photo?

321P's intake manifold looks very good, btw.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: ZX12 RACE

Originally posted by ttso
Efficient... means cost/performance very good? or power/runtime very good?

I'm very interesting to see how the intake manifold be placed inside the ZX21. Anyone got a photo?

321P's intake manifold looks very good, btw.
As much as ppl think Picco's carb is horrible, I hope this MEGA (Picco) carb does better then the Picco itself....(I've never own a Picco before so i cannot say how bad they were...)
From the look of the picture, the Zx-21 carb does look very good.... for right around $300 engine and pipe-set, I cannot see myself running any other 21 engine beside the MEGA.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

The Engine was very efficent run time wise. Also the performance was great very fast! Also Karl Mcnally(Brandons dad) said the redsigned the carb so they are much better than the old Picco carbs.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by TexasRacer
The Engine was very efficent run time wise. Also the performance was great very fast! Also Karl Mcnally(Brandons dad) said the redsigned the carb so they are much better than the old Picco carbs.
As I hope and expected........I am sure PICCO was aware the situation, and they will not let that little problem passed along to the MEGA brand, which should be 1 of the 2 biggest engine thing in 2005 (the other....SIRIO WC series...)
Old 12-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

a guy who got the new mega 21 said the motor has not been completed break in but the performacce wise is pretty close to the Max 21 ABC he has. however, the glow plug and parts are very expensive comparing to Nova base engine.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedy100
a guy who got the new mega 21 said the motor has not been completed break in but the performacce wise is pretty close to the Max 21 ABC he has. however, the glow plug and parts are very expensive comparing to Nova base engine.
I got my Mega and just broke in last week .. but I did not really tune it out yet but I would say the engine is similarly power band as NovaMax engine ..Smooth Powerband ... I personally feel like whne I owned the Max Engine at first time and first time broke - in my max engine ......
Old 12-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MrChan
I got my Mega and just broke in last week .. but I did not really tune it out yet but I would say the engine is similarly power band as NovaMax engine ..Smooth Powerband ... I personally feel like whne I owned the Max Engine at first time and first time broke - in my max engine ......
pls keep me posted your finding when it is completely tuned and broken in the motor. The cost impress me but i am a bit conern about the performance. The powerpack here only $350.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

According to 3Hobby, seems ZX12 now instore... Anyone got it already?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

I have seen one the .12 motor run at our last State Race. All I can say is, "I cant wait until its available. Super Fast."
They should be available anyday now.

www.twistertires.com
Old 01-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Who's bringing these engines into the US right now? (while Serpent USA is dead/down/re-org'ing/etc)
Old 01-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

I believe the .12 will be out in the middle of the month. Serpent USA is open and running, the holiday break is over.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also keep on the lookout for an OFNA version of the motor later in the spring... I saw one of there Team drivers racing/Testing one at our Toys for Tots race during the Christmas holidays... Cost might be lower then what is being offered by Serpent... That being said, Serpent USA is releasing the motor now Which great and OFNA later which is not...

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.