R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-08-2004, 09:12 AM   #31
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dyno test

You are very welcome. I enjoyed working with you. I am glad you picked up some valuable information regarding your engine development. Thanks for being so patient with me, I feel we really made some good modifications to the dyno that will benefit everyone that purchases one. It was a long day but definitely worth the trouble!

'It's easy to learn how to fly! Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!!!'
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:33 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

What types of clutch systems can you use with it? centax or 3 shoe?

Is there a way to measure the time it takes the motor to reach top rpm thus determining how the clutch settings are effecting performance of the motor?
FFR3582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:33 AM   #33
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dyno clutches

My dyno system does not use a clutch at this time. The clutch bell is 'locked' to the crank shaft making it direct drive. The reason for this is I found an inherrent amount of cluch slip throughout the entire rev range with every clutch I tried, causing skewed and unrepetable results. An concidering the fact that dyno's are all about repetability, we couldn't have that.

In order to use a clutch and to figure clutch slip, We would have to implement a much smaller flywheel, causing much shorter sampling times. This does not give results accurate enough for my taste.

Brian Kinney
TLR Design Engineer
2016 Sponsors: Team Losi Racing, AKA Tires, Orion, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobbies, Fast RC Paint.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote