Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

JP engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
I would say race condition 230f-250f, and do you mean does the Ro3 use the same rear bearing as the 35 plus 21! no is a no they are different part numbers and I think the 35 plus 21 has more balls in the bearings..
230-250F? wow... I would be so scared with that temp.
I am comparing both 35 plus. regular vice JP mod. Bearings are a nightmare. I have seen too many instances.. if they are the same for both I guess I will pass on that. they are not cheap to have that kind that headache.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

well the bearing's are different
Old 03-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mrx4-R03, is right you can not use any plus engine bearing in a jp apart from a jp modified Novarossi 35plus21 the jp-ro3 uses a 25.4mm outside dia 14mm inside dia and 6mm wide rear main bearing and the plus 21 rear bearing size is 26mm outside dia 14.5mm inside dia and 6mm wide. I wish people would do some looking befor they make recamedations. 1.6mm outside dis is a masive difrence and 0.5mm inside difrence is also huge. Regards Jeremy.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

I also have never had a prob with novarossi bearings. I think if people have probs I would ask have they been changed and check that hey have been alined corectly. Also running temps i run my 35+21 nova and my friend runs his 35+21 jp nova at about 100 to 115 deg C we get great paformance and 5 to 6min runtime from mine and they last like a very very long time ive done 30ltrs of fuel on one bearing front and rear cheange at 15ltr + rod piston pin and clips all at 15ltr mark its now due for a second rod.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sirio2127
I also have never had a prob with novarossi bearings. I think if people have probs I would ask have they been changed and check that hey have been alined corectly. Also running temps i run my 35+21 nova and my friend runs his 35+21 jp nova at about 100 to 115 deg C we get great paformance and 5 to 6min runtime from mine and they last like a very very long time ive done 30ltrs of fuel on one bearing front and rear cheange at 15ltr + rod piston pin and clips all at 15ltr mark its now due for a second rod.
Thanks Sirio, I also have never had a problem with a nova bearing except on a p5 front bearing but thats normal when you run in the dirt! There could be many things causing bearing issues "running to lean popping the plug and the wire gets in the bearing, running too hot as Sirio said , fuel quality what % of oil is in there, and so one" I don't think the problem is novarossi and you should not think twice when buying novarossi products, people complain of the price but you get what you pay for!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

I understand the diff scenarios involved when it comes to bearing failure, it is just ironic that 3 out 4 of my friends who uses 35 plus had this catasthropic failure not to mention some other guys at the track. please do not misunderstand me... i am not bashing the engine, My first 21 engine was a R1-WC who I put in over ten gallons not to mention I had it loaned to a friend. who knows how much did he use it for. the bearings held up until the conrod gave. I am just skeptical...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

I think novarossi make some of the higest quality engine bearings out there. I see so many people tune engines wrong and its hard to explane to most people that leaning an engine may not be the ancer to make any engine paform better. I know i have done it befor. What alot of people need to rember is all these engines are micro engine when you are tuneing them don't tune it like a holly 750 dubble pumper. You to do it in micro adjustments max 1/8th a turn at any time and do not try to get it in tune the first time you come into the pits and always start from a ritch setting always. It may take me 2 or more tanks to tune an engine corectly. But once thats done most people can not drive the cars as they have been losing power form incorect Tune. The best way to do it is you need a base line if posable get some one very exprenced to tune the engine just below its peak paformance. and watch and lisen thats the base line to work from. I hope this hepls some people I know it helped me when i was helped with info just like this. Regards Jeremy.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

I understand the diff scenarios involved when it comes to bearing failure, it is just ironic that 3 out 4 of my friends who uses 35 plus had this catasthropic failure not to mention some other guys at the track. please do not misunderstand me... i am not bashing the engine, My first 21 engine was a R1-WC who I put in over ten gallons not to mention I had it loaned to a friend. who knows how much did he use it for. the bearings held up until the conrod gave. I am just skeptical...
RCRjuanabbe, I know about 3 guys (including me) at my track who had the rear bearings fail on the plus 35. So, your not the only one with this problem. I also talked to a guy at the Roar 1/8 nats in Cincinnati that had the rear bearing fail. I think novarossi just had a couple of bad ceramics in the batch. I trashed the ceramic and put the steel version in. Cheaper and I didn't notice a performance difference. But I can tell you, none of the 35 plus motors I've seen with bearing failure were the JP version. Novarossi still makes some of the best engine bearings, so odds of getting a bad bearing from them are pretty slim.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

I also had a bearing go bad in my +35, luckily I always listen to my motors closely and heard the bad bearing. I think there was a few engines that had a a batch of bad bearings. Nova makes greats engines, and every now and again things happen. I spoke with Jim Hottinger, great guy, and he said whenever we have problems email Novarossi, and cc him. Dont bash the company, but just state what problems you are having. He said they truly listen to their customers. I know its tough to be calm about some of the issues when these motors cost an arm, leg, kidney, etc. but hopefully working with the manufacturer will help avoid repeats of problems. These little motors are under alot of stress, and we still want them to go faster. I used to think my Novamega KHM motor was fast...and it was during its time, but the speed and pull out of the corners racers are achieving now is insane.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Nothing but great respect for Novarossi. like I said my problem is the ceramic one that came with the engine. My friend changed his to a regular and never had problem again. No doubt novarossi set the standards on the engines. I have no problem with their engines.. I use RB's and JP's as fa r as I know Novarossi manufactures this things for them... see what I mean..
Old 03-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Could have been just a bad bearing. I do know guys that prefer to run regular bearings over the ceramics. They say once you tune your engine right, run good fuel, and maintain it properly the regular bearings last just as long. Unfortunately, my driving skill is not to level where I can feel the difference between bearings. I do however never change from stock. If it came with ceramics then thats what I use as replacements, or vice versa.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:05 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-RASSS
u R wellcome bro

Hope your WC will be soon racing
hey man,as just what you say it fits!the P/S/B from the R03. im gonna try to run it tom!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a Jp R-03 and when i was rebuilding the clutch earlier, and some fuel began pouring out through the front bearing.
Obviously im not worried about a bit of excess fuel there because we were running in a new piston and liner in the engine that day.
However...
Would anyone be able to tell me if its normal for the front bearing to allow leakage?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

I 've always have a little bit of after run oil comes out of the front bearing of an RO-3 when it sits too long. I figured I over lubed the darn thing. it never leaks when it's running so I am good.....

Has anyone seen or try the New FX21 R9.s and R7.s? the specs look a lot like the RO3..
Old 06-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default When are they due in

Does anybody know when the R-07 or R-09 are due to arrive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.