R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Spitting fuel out of carb

Last edited by ottoman; 04-29-2004 at 08:22 AM.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Spitting fuel out of carb

Originally posted by ottoman
I am having a problem with my nitro car that I can’t seem to solve. I experience it all last summer and now again while I was breaking in my new motor for this season. Here’s what happens…
When I start the motor cold… first time of the day or before every heat… the motor starts fine but it idles much slower than I have it set for. If I give it any throttle it dies. If I let it idle for 30 seconds it (usually) suddenly jumps back up to the correct idle speed and will accept throttle. Last season I thought it was a clutch problem… dragging some until it ran a few seconds but I never could find anything wrong with the clutch.
Today I was finishing breaking in my new motor. I had the engine set back away from the spur gears so they were not engaged while I ran in the first few tanks. Everything was going well until I let it cool and filled the tank and restarted it… it idled slower than before I shut it down and it wouldn’t take any throttle without dying… then suddenly it picked up idle speed and would take throttle. I tried this with every tank and it’s the same… I did notice that when its running slow it spits fuel out of the carb and if I crack the throttle a few thousands of an inch it blows out more fuel and continues until it just dies . Once the idle speed returns to normal no fuel spits out and everything runs great.
I have played with carb settings. I replaced the lines and fuel tank I just went through the carb… checked orings etc but I can’t find anything wrong. The first engine was a Nova Mega .12 and this one is a MR12.
Any ideas?
Tooo rich on the bottom end , way too rich. Lean it on the bottom and then work on top end.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote