Wiki Posts
Search

Nf 12 S5??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Nf 12 S5??

Anyone ever heard of this engine? It looks like a miniature .21 Nova Rossi Black Magic. The guy at my lhs has one and he said it is NovaRossi's most powerful .12 engine. He said it has more power than the NS12S5! I do have to say, it looks just killer! All black with a polished aluminum head and the head is shaped like an alien head. Let me know if you guys have heard about this engine and if it is more powerful than the NS12S5. If so, then I think I'll pick it up. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone?
Old 03-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Need to post a pic. Never heard of such an engine before. Only thing I can think of that fits that description is a Rossi Pixi Black.

But never heard of an Nf 12 S5
Old 03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

You mean this engine?

http://www.teamtrinity.com/nitro/eng...s/138r12sb.jpg
Old 03-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

It looks just like that one. Is that one a 5 port in your picture? If so, I'd say that, that is the engine he is selling. Any info on it? Have you tried it out?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Thats the 3-port but the 5-port is identical. Personally, I wouldnt take on free. They are the worst engine ever to tune when totally stock. Picco are easier kept running and they can be hard to tune at times too.

Dont know what the guy was trying to spin you but looks like he was just trying to offload some surplus stock.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I'll just stay away from it then.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by modellor
Thats the 3-port but the 5-port is identical. Personally, I wouldnt take on free. They are the worst engine ever to tune when totally stock. Picco are easier kept running and they can be hard to tune at times too.

Dont know what the guy was trying to spin you but looks like he was just trying to offload some surplus stock.
I agree. The rossi motor is garbage. Hard to tune, leaks oil with-in the external bearing unit, the i.d. of the internal bearing doesn't match with the diameter of the crank which causes a tremendous amount of tolarence, and they don't last long if your lucky to get a good motor. That's funny though, " I have a NF12 S5 motor ? " Wish I was there to see it. I would've said, " WTF ?!?"
Old 04-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by modellor

I have to disagree with you.I have 4 Rossi Black Pixi's and I would not give them up for anything.Very easy to tune and they run all day.I even bought two of them used and they still run very strong.One of them has over 5 gallons thru it and it will still lock up at TDC when starting sometimes.I think they are very good engines.Very high quality.And for Roger you said they don't last long.Over 5 gallons isn't long enough.You tell me.

Mark
Old 04-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

I have a Rossi Pixy Black as well and it is really a good engine. The head shims are too big when stock so need to be removed but after that it flies

Cheers
Old 04-21-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Roger
I agree. The rossi motor is garbage. Hard to tune, leaks oil with-in the external bearing unit, the i.d. of the internal bearing doesn't match with the diameter of the crank which causes a tremendous amount of tolarence, and they don't last long if your lucky to get a good motor. That's funny though, " I have a NF12 S5 motor ? " Wish I was there to see it. I would've said, " WTF ?!?"
NF12S5.... WTF... that thing sounds like if was built to be naff...
Old 04-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

I must admit, I have heard good things and bad things about the Black Pixy. I nearly bought one, but I have heard better things about the Novarossi NS12S3, so I bought it instead...