Enquiry about Boca Bearing

Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 PM
-_-
Tech Rookie

Default Enquiry about Boca Bearing

Was looking at Boca Bearing web site, wanted to find bearing replacement for my engine. However I find that some of the front & rear bearing exclosure are 2 shields. I thought the front bearing should be 1 shield and the rear should be open exclosure? Can anyone help on this? Thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -_-
Was looking at Boca Bearing web site, wanted to find bearing replacement for my engine. However I find that some of the front & rear bearing exclosure are 2 shields. I thought the front bearing should be 1 shield and the rear should be open exclosure? Can anyone help on this? Thanks!
some types of bearings will come from the factory with 2 shields. Remember, these bearings are manufactured with certain specifications, and are made for a variety of mechanical devices requiring bearings to be shielded/sealed from the elements. In an application such as a model car engine, simply remove the inner seals with a sharp pick so it will have sufficient lubrication.

I dont think boca bearing manufactures their own bearings. They are just a supplier, who probably buys bearings from the big bearing manufacturers. SKF, NMB, NSK, etc.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:10 AM
-_-
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Turbo9000
some types of bearings will come from the factory with 2 shields. Remember, these bearings are manufactured with certain specifications, and are made for a variety of mechanical devices requiring bearings to be shielded/sealed from the elements. In an application such as a model car engine, simply remove the inner seals with a sharp pick so it will have sufficient lubrication.

I dont think boca bearing manufactures their own bearings. They are just a supplier, who probably buys bearings from the big bearing manufacturers. SKF, NMB, NSK, etc.
Thanks for your reply.. What if the shields is metal, am I still able to remove it? Thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ok

hi

just remove the seals

G
Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -_-
Thanks for your reply.. What if the shields is metal, am I still able to remove it? Thanks!
yeah, you can remove them still. just pry them out of the races with a small, sharp pick.