I use a slightly different procedure and oil product and both have served me well for several years. For oil, I use Blaster 404 Air Tool Oil & Conditioner. It comes in a 12oz spray can and features a pinpoint spay nozzle for spraying into tiny air fittings. Any auto parts store that sells PB Blaster products should be able to get this for you. My procedure tries to emulate the NR recommended solvent flush with out tearing the engine apart. It is also intended to flush all the nitric acid out of the engine after a run.
1. Empty fuel tank and run excess fuel out of engine.
2. Remove glow plug and air filter.
3. While spinning engine on starter box, spray a continuous stream of 404 into WOT of carb until oil starts purging out the glow plug hole (5-10 seconds). Stop.
4. Place rag over glow plug hole and spin engine again to pump excess oil out of engine.
5. Replace air filter and glow plug, ready till next race.
Next time you start the engine it will be a bit cantankerous about running as the 404 does not combust very well. Just be patient and nurse the throttle until the 404 runs out. Hope this helps.
Last edited by P2gee; 03-13-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Reason: added line