Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
nova rossi rex revenge .12 any good >

nova rossi rex revenge .12 any good

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nova rossi rex revenge .12 any good

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default nova rossi rex revenge .12 any good

I picked up a nova rossi rex revenge motor and pipe combo for 220 buck wonder one was that a good deal and two is this motor pretty decent tried to find some info on it but couldn't find mucb I'm sure it's better then my nova rossi ll5 I'm running also is the revenge a turbo plug as I couldn't find info on it really
Old 07-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default rex combo

If u don't mind Where did u get that combo from??? I'm looking for a motor combo
Old 07-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

It was on ebay guy has a couple ets it's best offer so I offered him 170 us for it and he took it which works out to 236 canadian cuz that's wjere I live lol
Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by microsprint998
I picked up a nova rossi rex revenge motor and pipe combo for 220 buck wonder one was that a good deal and two is this motor pretty decent tried to find some info on it but couldn't find mucb I'm sure it's better then my nova rossi ll5 I'm running also is the revenge a turbo plug as I couldn't find info on it really
The engine is not bad. It's a good deal. I would recommend upgrading the pipe. The pipe the combo comes with will not let the engine run to its potential. Something like the Novarossi 2660, or Hipex 2669 will make a big difference in performance.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a nova rossi turbo pipe on my .12ll5 which is a good motor just finished breaking it in but I want something a little newer if I could find a good used reds motor that would be a dream come true as I run reds motors in all my stuff
Old 02-03-2016, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

I saw this engine at novarossidirect. How would this compare to the Top Elite and the Ison?
Old 02-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I have this motor in my NT1 and love it .It is as fast as my mito I have in another NT1 .Great choice with the 2660 pipe
Old 02-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martind1318
I have this motor in my NT1 and love it .It is as fast as my mito I have in another NT1 .Great choice with the 2660 pipe
Your Rex Revenge is as fast as your mito a revenge is $100 and a mito $350?
I have a revenge and a k=epon and I haven't raced the Keepon yet but I am breaking the keepon in and it feels as fast as my Revenge and the keepon is still very rich(aproaching 1/2 gallon ).I am considering a Mito. What is the difference between a flash .12 or a Vir-tus and the mito .12.
Looking for insight.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Your Rex Revenge is as fast as your mito a revenge is $100 and a mito $350?
I have a revenge and a k=epon and I haven't raced the Keepon yet but I am breaking the keepon in and it feels as fast as my Revenge and the keepon is still very rich(aproaching 1/2 gallon ).I am considering a Mito. What is the difference between a flash .12 or a Vir-tus and the mito .12.
Looking for insight.
I personally don't believe the Rex is anywhere near a Mito or keep on. Forget the virtus .12 as i was very disappointed in it and was the main reason why I stopped buying Novarossi for the last couple of years. The flash .12 in my opinion was the last of the previous generations of Novarossis that were any good. The virtus just wouldn't rev like previous engines at the top end and it just wouldn't hold a stable tune - I had 3 and all were the same. The Mito has fixed that issue and has made me return to Novarossi for this year from Picco.

Vivo, I know you've been looking around at many engines but, honestly, go with the Mito (you don't need ceramic bearings which pushes the price up a lot) and put the 2660 pipe on it and enjoy the performance and longevity of the engine.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I personally don't believe the Rex is anywhere near a Mito or keep on. Forget the virtus .12 as i was very disappointed in it and was the main reason why I stopped buying Novarossi for the last couple of years. The flash .12 in my opinion was the last of the previous generations of Novarossis that were any good. The virtus just wouldn't rev like previous engines at the top end and it just wouldn't hold a stable tune - I had 3 and all were the same. The Mito has fixed that issue and has made me return to Novarossi for this year from Picco.

Vivo, I know you've been looking around at many engines but, honestly, go with the Mito (you don't need ceramic bearings which pushes the price up a lot) and put the 2660 pipe on it and enjoy the performance and longevity of the engine.
Dan you are right my keepon that I bought used and put new bearings piston sleeve and rod. This motor runs great I run on a permenate 1/10th scale track 120' straight away. This motor has more power then my Revenge. I am ordering a mito tomorrow God willing I will break it in next couple of weeks and I will let you know what I think.

You know I did forget to say you can't go wrong buying a Rex Revenge as a great starter motor they run great last 2 gals or more descent bottom end comes with header and pipe for $120 awesome deal I hadn't run nitro since 1999 it was a great motor to get back into the game with.
Rex Legend R is a good motor I heard it is based on Keepon Flash12 motor.

Last edited by vivo quevas; 02-11-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Dan you are right my keepon that I bought used and put new bearings piston sleeve and rod. This motor runs great I run on a permenate 1/10th scale track 120' straight away. This motor has more power then my Revenge. I am ordering a mito tomorrow God willing I will break it in next couple of weeks and I will let you know what I think.

You know I did forget to say you can't go wrong buying a Rex Revenge as a great starter motor they run great last 2 gals or more descent bottom end comes with header and pipe for $120 awesome deal I hadn't run nitro since 1999 it was a great motor to get back into the game with.
Rex Legend R is a good motor I heard it is based on Keepon Flash12 motor.
The legend R is based on keep on. The Legend S is based on Flash.

I love the Mito so let me know how you get on!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Dan my Mito is set for a Tuesday delivery. Really looking forward too breaking it in. We will see 1/2 gal from now how it performs. I traded my Picco Edo for my 748 so I needed a good replacement!
Old 02-13-2016, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Dan my Mito is set for a Tuesday delivery. Really looking forward too breaking it in. We will see 1/2 gal from now how it performs. I traded my Picco Edo for my 748 so I needed a good replacement!
Ok enjoy. You'll need at least a gallon on that Mito before she really opens up. That's a Novarossi trait! They take forever to properly run in.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Revenge goes pretty fast but it has to be pretty lean. Keepon and all newer versions from Nova are far superior than this. But it's just very cheap that you just buy it, run with lean setting and dump it when it breaks LOL