Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP nitro motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Team-RTR]thats exactly who i thought made em, hmm soo cheap to!? would they be worth buying in your opinions? also do the carbs have the same leaking problems as the sirios due to the carbs being made of composite materials?[/QUOE]

Yeah their cheap $ wise but they can also keep up with the fast guys as well . Starts up first time after sitting for two / three weeks of not racing .
WWW.TheRCShack.com can get them for you around 200$
Haven't had any prob. with carb./Eng. at all (Great workmanship ).
Old 07-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fabian K
Speed Racer, after test a lot I found the best for 30% nitro(using this settings for my country(temp , altitude etc...) use 0,60mm of head shims, the great help also for Andy from LRP,

Also I use the botton end needle too rich around 8 to 9 turns opened

Thank You Fabian that helps alot ! !
Old 07-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

burrito and MrC...

have you received my email ?
[email protected]

thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Heeey !!

We tested a LRP with Novarossi carbs...
It was nice...

`But, the impression was the engine keep the same carb setting, without any change during the run time (one tank)

and with the original carbs we had to star with a "richer" carb setting...
Old 07-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Problem with Nova carburator is that you'll be unable to restart the engine once it has warmed up entirely. That's because it has no thermal isolation between engine and carburator like our carburator has.

This is also the reason why you have to start with richer setting when using the LRP carburator, it simply takes a while to warm up the carburator!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi....

yeah... It's true .. my friend said on the other day... ITs difficult to restart the egine while it's hot...

And about the bustter ?

I've notice I "little" change on low RPM... to better...

Cya !
Old 07-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

Hey... one more question...

Maybe even Fabian can reply...

I dont know why, but it's my second race (30 minutes) running a LRP engine...

And both of them I had problem with changing carb settings during the race... after 20 minutes of running...
It's freak... Its making me crazy... lol....

After 20 minutes the engine lose power on low RPM....

Details: I didn't use the "Bustter" I've had mencioned, 30% nitro(sidewinder) .62 shim, botton rich (8,5 turn aprox.) ...
Old 07-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

I know that Burito is not going to like this , but anyways:

IF YOU WANT A PICCO BASED ENGINE TO RUN CONSISTANTLY, PUT A NOVAROSSI CARB ON IT!!!!!

I just modified a Picco EVO 2 for a buddy. He just couldn't get the engine to run with the same tune for any period of time (before and after modding) today I ave him a NR carb and the engine now runs like clockwork.....
Old 07-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burito
Problem with Nova carburator is that you'll be unable to restart the engine once it has warmed up entirely. That's because it has no thermal isolation between engine and carburator like our carburator has.

This is also the reason why you have to start with richer setting when using the LRP carburator, it simply takes a while to warm up the carburator!
Sorry to disagree Reto,but how does a Nove engine start hot with the same carb?

It is my experience from the past years, that composite carburators can be a fine thing if the two materials are chosen correctly, as proven by several manufacturers.

Unfortunately, Picco does not seem to have discovered the right plastic composite that works with the aluminium part of the carb, just as it took them a while to figure out how to make a good .12 conrod

A couple of years ago, we desperately tried to get Picco carbs to work and we found out that they develop leaks once they heat up.

The two materials used in the carb have different heat expansion coefficients.

We sprayed fuel on the seam between the alu and the plastic part and idle changed immediately or the engine even died.

Every time we put Nova or Sirio carbs on Piccos the ran great.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Zeloko!

My experience running LRP,before your heats u need to warm up the engine first.Try to refuel not more than half tank and tune the engine,to check your low end,try to idle the engine for 30 second and punch max.If u found that it scream to loud richen a bit.Check the temp,the best is 105degree celcius.I'am running MTX4 centax 0.9,yellow shoe,hard spring and 0.4 gap.Byron 25%,0.54 head shims and plug no. 7 for heats no.8 for final.For final try to tighten a bit your 2 speed and tune your engine around 100celcius.i''ll try all this and it work for my 1 hour final.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stefan
Sorry to disagree Reto,but how does a Nove engine start hot with the same carb?
No problem that you disagree...
I actually don't know how a Nova restarts with the same carbie, I never try Nova engines and there are hardly any left at the races in Germany! I can only comment what I tried, which is a Nova carb on our engine and state my experience. Which is DEFINITELY that it does NOT restart once it's hot. The Nova carburator I tried was from the RB X12, not sure if something changed on later models from Novarossi.
Did you make a isolator onto the carburator you modified for your friend?

What afiq says is definitely right, make sure you start VERY rich going into the final. If engine feels great for the first 2mins already, you're definitely too lean and this may turn into a problem after 15mins or so.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

@Stefan: tks, Maybe I gonna try again with nova carb...but we've tested and It's really hard to start in high temp...

@afiq: Next weekend I'll try that too... great explanation.. I think I need a pitman PICCO graduated... lol

@burrito: "If engine feels great for the first 2mins already, you're definitely too lean and this may turn into a problem after 15mins or so" ... I had this feeling...may this was the problem...

Anyway... thanks for the reply . I have to solv this problem... I hope !!!!

LRP is a great engine... maybe I am not good engine tunner
Old 07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by burito
No problem that you disagree...
I actually don't know how a Nova restarts with the same carbie, I never try Nova engines and there are hardly any left at the races in Germany! I can only comment what I tried, which is a Nova carb on our engine and state my experience. Which is DEFINITELY that it does NOT restart once it's hot. The Nova carburator I tried was from the RB X12, not sure if something changed on later models from Novarossi.
Did you make a isolator onto the carburator you modified for your friend?

What afiq says is definitely right, make sure you start VERY rich going into the final. If engine feels great for the first 2mins already, you're definitely too lean and this may turn into a problem after 15mins or so.
hello reto,

Depending on the X12 version the carb is an hybrid composite/aluminum and holds temps a little bit higher than normal.........

Nova aluminum carbs make the engine harder to be restarted when it reaches 120+ ºC, what happens is the called vapour lock and unless you close the exhaust stinger several times when restarting to force the fuel in excess to get in the carb, you'll have to wait few minutes and then start the engine easily and that means you loose the mais final .........anyway it's pretty hard to get a good setting at such a high temp, we live in Brazil an we were at the same race where ZE LOKO went yesterday, the weather was sunny (29~31ºC) and our engines (nova & rex) were running at 110~115ºC and it's still safe to restart, even I let one of my drivers' engine flame out twice and restarted the engine at the first trial (curious that it always happen when I try to make his engine run more than 7minute ).......

byebye and congrats for the roar offroad title (if i'm wrong please correct because even some r/c sites weren't sure about whoch engine ryan mayfield was running)
Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

any update on the LRP z12r spec3 engine?
Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, first production batch was shipped to shops and distributors a few weeks ago. So far everyone is impressed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.