Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
any one share abou the experience of os 18tz 5-port,the max power of the small-block >

any one share abou the experience of os 18tz 5-port,the max power of the small-block

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any one share abou the experience of os 18tz 5-port,the max power of the small-block

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default any one share abou the experience of os 18tz 5-port,the max power of the small-block

Does any one can share abou the experience of os 18tz 5-port,the max power of the small-block

Does anyone use it in 1/10 Car?

it is said it can make car upto 80+ MPH
Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Fast

The 18 tz is a very impressive engine! I have had 2 of them and they will outrun alot of .21 size engines.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

The 18 TZ is a good engine whith lots of power and torque. I use it for competition in outlaw class with my MTX4R Kawahara 220mm kit. My tips whould be use it whith no more than 20% of nitro whith 10% or more of oil, OS P6 turbo glow plug, adjust the clutch and 2 speed to engage a litle bit earlier to avoid drive train problems and use it whith lower gearing combination to reach higher top speed. I think this engine is capable of make 80+ mph, however, there`s a lot of factors involve like the 1/10 kit you`re using, engine tuning, tire diameter, glow plug, fuel, etc. Hope this help.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

the engine choice for our 200mm class, all drivers in order to keep
the cost down of racing chose this engine and to not scare new drivers
when knowing how much is for an engine!
it keeps up with nova 353 in top speed but with higher bottom.
at $150 it is a bargain