Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Boca or TKO engine bearings? >

Boca or TKO engine bearings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boca or TKO engine bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Boca or TKO engine bearings?

hi Guys,

i've been asking this question for quiet a long time and got confused because of so many different answers. now, a Pro opinion is needed please to confirm what bearing to go with. i tried bocas on my Siim motor and they dont seem to last long, not as long as the stock sirio ones. just installed TKOs on my friend's JP eagle and they are still holding good.

so, what do you guys think??

cheers

Ali
Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have yet to try Boca's but I have had very good results with TKO's. I did have a bit of an issue with one of the oddball size bearings but they seem to have fixed that one now.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Hi wingracer,

thanks for your answer, and IMHO, if you like the TKOs, dont try the Bocas, i had several in different engines, they didnt last long enough for the price they sell for, no over heating, no bashing, just pro racing, within a gallon, the rear started to have exesive lateral play. well, this my experience with Bocas you might like them.

cheers

Ali
Old 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hi wingracer,

thanks for your answer, and IMHO, if you like the TKOs, dont try the Bocas, i had several in different engines, they didnt last long enough for the price they sell for, no over heating, no bashing, just pro racing, within a gallon, the rear started to have exesive lateral play. well, this my experience with Bocas you might like them.

cheers

Ali
I run Boca Bearings in all my engines and I have never had a problem with them wearing out. I just aquired sponsorship with Novarossi, but I was the US Team Manager for the Go-Engine team. I have about 3 gallons through my 7 port and they are holding strong. Still super smooth, no play, no leaks...
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

You might say I'm biased because I am a Boca Bearing team driver but, after dealing with Boca Bearings for the last 2 yrs I will never run some other company's bearings again. Boca Bearing's customer support is top notch, where else can you go to have custom bearings made if need be?

I'm a racer of 14yrs, I can remember seeing Boca's ads 15 yrs ago in RC Car Action. There must be a reason why they are still around.

Try their new MX Series Ceramic engine bearings. I get at least 3 - 4 gallons before I even think about changing them out of my RB engines.

Here is a link:http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.aspx?p=docs&id=34
Old 11-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have been racing with BOCA Engine bearings a full year without failure. I have instaled in RBs, Novarossi, OS, and GRP engines and with great performance and long bearing life. Never needed to try any other brand, Dave
Old 11-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have never used Boca so I can't comment on them. But I did put TKO bearings in my JP R3 and I am very pleased with them.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

hi Guys,

thanks for the answers and comments, well let me start by saying that i'm not against the Boca Company, i run Bocas in Both my NT1s/ MP9 kits. i know that they are THE best bearings for car kits around. i had a bad experience with few engine bearings. maybe its me, maybe its the bearing. i started this thread for this reason, i wanna see if its happening only to me or to many of us!! if i'm the only one to have such problems, maybe i do something wrong that needs to be corrected. thats why i need your advices and opinions.

cheers

Ali
Old 11-21-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hi Guys,

thanks for the answers and comments, well let me start by saying that i'm not against the Boca Company, i run Bocas in Both my NT1s/ MP9 kits. i know that they are THE best bearings for car kits around. i had a bad experience with few engine bearings. maybe its me, maybe its the bearing. i started this thread for this reason, i wanna see if its happening only to me or to many of us!! if i'm the only one to have such problems, maybe i do something wrong that needs to be corrected. thats why i need your advices and opinions.

cheers

Ali
Hey Ali:

just my humble opinion.....

I've tried and re-tried every type of Boca Bearing for the motors (trying to save a few dollars) they have including the MX versions. I cannot speak to the chassis bearings because I use somthing else on the chassis.

Re the motor bearing only, I have ruined perfectly good motors due to the MX bearings which are supposed to be the best Boca has for the rear. My advice is return to the Novarossi stock-based bearing. Their QC has improved greatly. My .21 motors have had the same rear Novarossi 16002 rear bearing for the last 2 gallons and they are perfect. At the W'Nats, I'll show you how to give your motors maintenance (Italian style) so they last and last!

Paulie