Engine Break in

Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Engine Break in

Im getting ready to break in my TSR12 3 port.Ive heard and read alot of different ways to do this.One I found interesting was that no brake in is required.

Has anyone ever run a motor out of the box full speed?I was told that breaking in a motor by idling it rich actually does more harm than good.Can anyone confirm this theory?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:01 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fordman500
Im getting ready to break in my TSR12 3 port.Ive heard and read alot of different ways to do this.One I found interesting was that no brake in is required.

Has anyone ever run a motor out of the box full speed?I was told that breaking in a motor by idling it rich actually does more harm than good.Can anyone confirm this theory?
Go to this thread. There is a whole bunch of information on break-in methods and theories behind them.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70580

AFM
Old 08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

WOW,thats alot of great info.I like your reply on the first page.One of my friends told me about a similar method,but alot of people thought he was full of crap and was ruining motors.BTW,he was one of the fastest guys around.