Old 09-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Waz up Kevin

You got pm.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Were all recovering from the nats. Motivation level is on the rise though.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i figured. just thought i'd ask as i am excited too. missed 2 races because i have no motor.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

motors should be in this week and after the retrofits we should have a few. will let you know after the rd race this weekend in cali.

the plus part is we are now working with two engine manufacturers which is a good thing. we are also investigating taking on a custom version of the team magic g4 built especially for RD. after looking at all the good cars out there this one stands out as a great performer with a few changes and they appear to be willing to work with us.

Usefull note from the nats:
I'll try to make this simple without getting into deep theory, but it appears that in more than a few cases people are suffering detonation from to short of a tuned pipe header. It happened to us at the nats when the wether rose above 70 degrees. after reviewing numerous races in the last year and discussing engine performance problems with all engines we have used including novarossi we discovered that in many cases an engine ran great late in the day and very poor in the middle of the day. at the nats we traced it to to short of a header causing blowback into the crankcase. this caused the engine ( both novas and rd's)to detonate and be needle sensitive. so heres how you detect it.

If your running a turbo II pipe and the head clerance is .021 thousanths on 40 % fuel and all the sudden it starts to lay over about 5 minutes in and you find the needles look excessively rich on their adjustment this is what is happening. The tuned pipe reversion wave is so strong that it is causing the fuel air mixture to be blown back down into the crankcase and no amount of richening will fix it. This is an indicator that the pipe is to short and we suggest you use the long 12 header and the long 21 header if the temp is above 75 degrees or the air density is high. This has bitten us many times the last year and during a discussion with the team we surmised that this is what was happening. Infact on a novarossi pipe it became really severe. so we are making adjustments to the RD pipe line to address this issue with the long header being standard and the short being the option. (all of us are pushing the engines right to the edge)
Dennis
RD Logics.

Last edited by Motorman; 09-21-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Motorman
at the nats we traced it to to short of a header causing blowback into the crankcase. this caused the engine ( both novas and rd's)to detonate and be needle sensitive.
When you refer to a short pipe, what overall pipe length (measurred according to RB website) are you referring to?

Is it also a problem when you run 30% or lower nitro?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default pipe dreams

hey dennis ' so how many millimeters are we talling to elminate
this problem? also your website is being held hostage ,waz-up with that? power to the people
Old 09-22-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default RD Ligics engines

Hi Dennis.
Your explanation is realy good info for some processes I have seen. Wasn't be better idea to try 20% there in Ohio in that conditions? Unfortunately my boss didn't give me Sunday off to fly to Ohio.
Are you comming to RD logics? I will be there on Saturday only, my boss again didn't give me Sunday off to be at RD logics, but he gave me day off for our reginonals.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Hey Dennis
just wanna know if the carb is done nor not
can get one of those motor
can i put that on any motor too

thanks a lot
nelly
Old 09-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

the plus part is we are now working with two engine manufacturers which is a good thing. we are also investigating taking on a custom version of the team magic g4 built especially for RD. after looking at all the good cars out there this one stands out as a great performer with a few changes and they appear to be willing to work with us.

Dennis
RD Logics.
the custom g4 sounds interesting, do you have any details
Old 09-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

was happy made the bump from the b to the a. broke the car at 30 minutes or so but had fun. I think I finished 8th or 9th in the masters A. RD motor ran great. Kinda ran out of tire real fast

four drivers used the turbo II pipe in the a main Cyrul, Hara, Tossolini, and one other but who escapes me.(might of been skidmore) Turbo II wins the nats two years in a row. Thanks again Atushi. Atushi was short on power but his incredible driving and his pitstops made up for it. The guy is just incredible.

The reason why Atushi had less power on Sunday than he did on Saturday is because a big head was used instead of a small head. Since it was a one hour race consistency was the main concern, not power. This change led to a cooler temperature. Insted of finishing at 240 he finished at 190. Hara's car also finished with very thin tires(53mm). It was fast in the in-field but in the straight away it did not have enough speed.

Richey, congratulations on you motors, They did very well at the Nationals. I am sure that you will go far with them.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

we suggest you use the long 12 header
Is there a part number? I have been having this same problem, figured it was my new engine and still breaking in.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

maxy well done, I am very happy for you. (really I am, I know what a big deal it is for an engine modifier) big feather in the cap. Like winning the superbowl.
i've been chasing it a long time, it will come.

we had a short pipe issue with my timing configuration that jumped up and bit me starting friday. I did not discover it untill saturday night and by then it was to late. Tis racing and has been typical for us at the nats. I learned something over again that made it more valuable than where we placed. albeit my guys were really frusturated. good for RD Logics, tough for us. but thats why I'm there. Poor tire choice hurt us too. nitro shoes or ellegis man got to have em. Thats twice I fell into that trap with other tires.

Last edited by Motorman; 09-30-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

To those who are concerned. The signature engines should be at rd in 22 days. They will be based on a different engine base than the techwell but are the real deal. Been alot of juggling going on. They are truly customs and there will be no more signatures (the signature will be a short rod motor) for a while, while we work on a second generation engine for next year. we will launch a great motor that is custom made to our specs for us in the next month.(the engine the signature is based on)that is within 95% performance of the signature. extensive testing has gone on and our versions really run exceptional for the dollar value. I'm a really fussy when it comes to my blessing and putting my name on it.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

blue dragon 60215
Old 09-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

yes we will be bringing in the g4. and full k factory upgrades. we will be working on a custom package with engine and pipe to at an exceptional value very soon. RD is getting serious

parts for that car and upgrades will never be a problem again

Last edited by Motorman; 09-30-2004 at 05:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.